Are you looking for the best customer reviews plugins for WordPress?
Customer reviews can make your business seem more trustworthy and get you more sales. However, collecting, formatting, and showing those reviews can take a lot of time and effort.
In this article, we will share the best WordPress review plugins to help you easily add customer reviews to WordPress.
Why Use a Customer Reviews Plugin for WordPress?
Customer reviews are a powerful form of social proof that can make your business seem more trustworthy and encourage people to buy from your website.
Even if you have created lots of high-converting landing pages full of great copy, customer reviews might talk about features and benefits you have overlooked. This can get you more sales and conversions. Reviews can even improve your WordPress SEO since they typically include lots of relevant keywords.
However, collecting, managing, and formatting customer reviews manually can take a lot of time. That’s why we recommend using a customer review plugin to add different types of reviews to WordPress.
That being said, let’s take a look at some of the best WordPress customer review plugins you can use to collect, manage, and format customer reviews.
Smash Balloon’s Reviews Feed Pro is the best customer review plugin for WordPress.
This single plugin allows you to show reviews from Yelp, Facebook, Google, WordPress.org, Trustpilot, and TripAdvisor, so you don’t need to install multiple plugins.
Reviews Feed Pro also automatically copies your website’s design.
This means the reviews will perfectly suit your WordPress theme and look like a natural part of your website rather than content embedded from another platform.
You can also fine-tune your review feeds using Smash Balloon’s user-friendly editor.
Here, you can change the feed’s layout, choose what content to show in each review, add a call to action button, and more.
When you are happy with how the review feed looks, you can add it to any page, post, or widget-ready area using either a shortcode or the Reviews Feed block.
After placing the feed, new reviews will appear on your website in real time. This way, visitors will always see the latest reviews.
Most business owners want to show reviews of their venue, products, or services. However, some websites might want to show reviews for other businesses. For example, if you own a business directory or membership site, then you might want to display reviews of different local companies.
With Reviews Feed Pro, you can show reviews from any public Yelp, Trustpilot, WordPress.org, or Google Reviews page.
For detailed step-by-step instructions, please see our guide on how to show Google, Facebook, and Yelp reviews in WordPress.
- Display reviews from multiple platforms without installing separate plugins.
- Easy to set up.
- Auto fetch new reviews, so you never need to manually update your theme.
- A powerful set of moderation tools so you can filter out offensive words or the names of your competitors.
- Inherits your theme’s style while also looking great on mobile devices.
- Automatically notifies you about any issues with your feed.
- Speed and SEO-optimized, so it won’t hurt your website’s speed and performance.
- Only supports the listed review platforms, with no option to add extra platforms.
- Although there is a free Reviews Feed plugin, it only shows Google and Yelp reviews. You’ll need to upgrade to the premium plugin to display reviews from TripAdvisor, Facebook, Trustpilot, and more.
Why we chose Smash Balloon’s Reviews Feed Pro: This plugin is very easy to set up and allows you to create a review feed in minutes.
Even better, the review feed will update automatically. This makes Smash Balloon a great marketing automation tool for small businesses, as you don’t need to worry about collecting, formatting, and displaying new reviews.
Pricing: You can buy an all-in-one bundle for $598, which includes the core Smash Balloon plugin plus all the premium addons, including Reviews Feed Pro, Instagram Feed Pro, YouTube Feed Pro, and more.
WPForms is the best WordPress form plugin on the market, used by over 6 million WordPress sites. With WPForms, you can create a simple form that lets customers review your business, products, or services.
You can create a simple customer review form using the free version of WPForms and its user-friendly drag-and-drop editor.
However, if you upgrade to WPForms Pro, then you will get access to over 800 professionally-designed templates.
These include forms that collect all kinds of reviews. For example, WPForms has a restaurant review form that’s perfect for cafes, takeaways, and restaurant websites.
It also has forms that are ideal for niche review sites, including book review templates, product review forms, and even user review forms.
If you need more features, then there’s also a Post Submissions addon that allows you to accept customer testimonials.
After buying the addon, you can create a customer review form using the Testimonial Form template. You can also accept submissions from both non-registered and registered customers if you allow user registration on your WordPress site.
You can even allow users to upload images on your WordPress site. For example, you might ask them to upload a headshot or company logo, which you’ll show next to their testimonial. You could even ask visitors to upload their own photos of your products so that potential customers can see what they really look like.
Reviews are a valuable form of social proof, so you will want to make it easy for customers to share their thoughts and feedback. With that in mind, you may want to use WPForms’ Survey and Polls addon to collect customer feedback, such as star ratings.
This is often quicker and easier compared to writing a full review. In this way, you can encourage customers to share their feedback, no matter how busy they are.
- Ready-made customer review templates that you can add to your online marketplace or store with just a few clicks.
- Easily connect WPForms to your email marketing service and grow your email list.
- Smart conditional logic, so you can show customers different fields depending on the information they have entered.
- React to new reviews immediately with WPForms’ instant notifications.
- Built-in form spam protection.
- Although WPForms Pro comes with multiple review forms, you will need to buy addons to unlock some of its more advanced features.
- If you buy the cheapest Basic plan, then you can only use WPForms on one website.
Why we chose WPForms: With multiple customer review templates, WPForms makes it easy to collect customer testimonials. All of the WPForms templates are fully customizable, so you can add and remove fields, or even create your own forms from scratch using the drag and drop form editor.
With that in mind, WPForms is a good option for all kinds of eCommerce websites and even niche review sites.
Pricing: An annual WPForms license starts from $49.50.
WP Business Reviews is an all-in-one WordPress plugin that lets you add Yelp, Facebook, Zomato, and Google reviews to WordPress.
You can create a separate feed for each platform or show reviews from multiple platforms in a single feed.
WP Business Reviews has a helpful tagging and grouping system, so you can display reviews that mention a particular subject, your most popular digital product, keywords, or anything else that’s important to your business.
If you are worried about negative or spammy reviews, then WP Business Reviews has advanced filters so you can control the content that appears on your website.
If you accept customer submissions using a plugin such as WPForms, then you can add this content to WP Business Reviews manually. The plugin will then show this user-generated content as part of your Yelp, Facebook, Zomato, or Google feed.
- Shows the latest reviews automatically but also allows you to add customer reviews manually. This is perfect if you allow users to submit posts and reviews on your WordPress website.
- Organize your reviews using tags, groups, and filters.
- Support for multiple layouts, including galleries, carousels, and lists.
- Filter negative reviews by setting a minimum star rating.
- If you own a bakery, restaurant, coffee shop, or any other food-based business, then WP Business Reviews is a great choice as it can show your latest Zomato reviews.
- WP Business Reviews doesn’t support some of the biggest review platforms, such as TripAdvisor and Trustpilot.
- Although the plugin comes with light, dark, and transparent styles, some users may struggle to customize WP Business Reviews to perfectly match their theme.
Why we chose WP Business Reviews: If you run a bar or pub, restaurant, or any other food-based business, then the plugin’s Zomato support makes it a great choice.
We also like the detailed tagging and grouping system, which allows you to highlight your favorite reviews. Plus, you can manually add any user-submitted reviews you collect using a plugin like WPForms.
Pricing: You can buy an annual WP Business Reviews license for $49.00.
Reviews can improve your SEO by adding keywords to your website. Reviews typically talk about things that matter to your customers, so they can also help you appear in relevant search results.
However, to really get the most out of your reviews, it’s important to use an SEO plugin.
All in One SEO (AIOSEO) is the best SEO plugin for WordPress on the market, used by over 3 million WordPress websites. It lets you add product review schema to your posts and pages, which will help search engines better understand your reviews and show them to potential customers.
You can also use AIOSEO to add product schema markup in WordPress and WooCommerce. This encourages search engines like Google to show your total review count, star rating, and other information in its search results pages.
This makes your website stand out in the search results, which often means more clicks and traffic for your WordPress blog or website.
You can quickly and easily add this schema information using AIOSEO’s user-friendly editor.
There is a free version of AIOSEO, but you will need the pro version if you want to change the schema type.
- A complete SEO toolkit.
- Rich snippets schema markup.
- Smart XML sitemaps that automatically notify the search engines about any new customer reviews.
- SEO audit checklists so you can optimize your customer reviews page and other important content.
- Boost your local SEO so nearby people can discover your reviews.
- Although AIOSEO can help your reviews appear in relevant search results, the plugin wasn’t specifically designed with customer reviews in mind.
- There’s a learning curve if you want to master AIOSEO’s more advanced features.
Why we chose All in One SEO: Although it’s easy to overlook, a good SEO plugin is essential for getting the most out of your reviews. With its built-in support for rich snippets, automatic SEO audits, and other search engine-friendly features, AIOSEO can show your reviews to people who are looking for products and services just like yours.
If you run a WooCommerce store, then AIOSEO can also optimize your WooCommerce SEO, including your product pages and product categories.
Pricing: You can download AIOSEO for free from the official WordPress repository. If you need more advanced features, then you can upgrade to AIOSEO Pro from $49.60.
If lots of people recommend a product, then we are more likely to buy that product. With that being said, positive product reviews can get you a ton of extra sales.
This free plugin can check whether each review comes from a genuine buyer. It will then show a trust badge next to verified reviewers so that visitors can see which reviews are genuine.
Customers can also upload pictures, leave star ratings, and vote on whether they found a review helpful. You can even add FAQs and a question-and-answer section to your products so customers can ask questions about your products or business.
When a customer buys a product, the plugin can automatically send them an email asking for feedback. This is a great way to get more reviews, particularly if you offer to send a coupon after a WooCommerce product review.
If you upgrade to the premium version, then you can also customize the review section, remove the plugin’s branding, and change the default email to your business email address.
- Integrates perfectly with WooCommerce.
- Get more reviews by sending automated, personalized emails to customers.
- Highlights genuine, verified reviews.
- Built-in shortcodes to display a review list, grid, or slider on any page or post.
- Adds an FAQ section to your product pages.
- This is a WooCommerce plugin, so it doesn’t work with other popular eCommerce plugins like Easy Digital Downloads.
- Uses the standard reviews template provided by WooCommerce, which may be a problem if you want to customize your WooCommerce product pages.
Why we chose Customer Reviews for WooCommerce: If you have a WooCommerce store, then this plugin will integrate perfectly with your website. It also comes with extra features that can take your reviews to the next level, including automated emails, a question-and-answer tab, and personalization.
Pricing: You can download the free plugin from the official WordPress repository or purchase a premium license for $49.99.
If you collect reviews using a plugin such as WPForms, then you will need a way to display them on your website.
Easy Testimonials is a free plugin that lets you easily add customer reviews and testimonials to your WordPress website.
Easy Testimonials comes with over 25 professionally designed templates, so you have full control over how your reviews look and which content you feature. For example, you can show all your reviews, display a review at random, or even create a slideshow.
Easy Testimonials comes with several widgets, so you can add your reviews to the sidebar or similar areas. For more information, see our guide on how to add and use widgets in WordPress.
Easy Testimonials also has a shortcode, so you can add reviews to any page or post.
If you are not using an SEO plugin like AIOSEO, then Easy Testimonials uses JSON-LD markup, so your testimonials will appear correctly in the search results.
- Add reviews to any part of your website using the plugin’s widget or a shortcode.
- Organize your reviews using categories.
- Add ratings, images, and links to your customer testimonials.
- Schema.org compliant JSON-LD markup.
- It doesn’t integrate with third-party review sites such as Trustpilot, so you will need to add each review manually.
- You can’t bulk import reviews from an Excel or CSV file using the free plugin.
Why we chose Easy Testimonials: If you allow users to submit reviews using a plugin like WPForms, then Easy Testimonials makes it easy to add those reviews to WordPress. It may not integrate with third-party websites like Yelp and Facebook, but Easy Testimonials is a great choice for manually adding reviews to your website.
Pricing: You can download Easy Testimonials for free from the WordPress repository.
What Is the Best Customer Reviews Plugin for WordPress?
If you want to show customer reviews from all the top third-party websites, then we recommend Smash Balloon Reviews Feed. This single plugin allows you to display reviews from Yelp, Facebook, Google, WordPress.org, Trustpilot, and TripAdvisor.
After placing the review feed on your website, Smash Balloon will fetch new reviews automatically. This makes it the perfect choice for busy business owners who want to save time and create automated workflows in WordPress.
Since it integrates with WordPress.org, it’s also a good option if you have published a theme or plugin and want to show its WordPress.org reviews on your website.
After installing Smash Balloon, we also recommend using All in One SEO (AIOSEO) to optimize your site. AIOSEO may not be designed specifically with customer reviews in mind, but it can help your reviews appear in relevant search results.
You can also add product review schema, which encourages search engines such as Google to display product information in its search results. This includes the product’s star rating and how many reviews it has.
If you’d prefer to use a plugin that integrates directly with WooCommerce, then you can use Customer Reviews for WooCommerce instead.
You might have also heard of other customer reviews plugins like Strong Testimonials, ShapedPlugin Real Testimonials, and Premio Stars Testimonials. However, we kept the list short so it’s easier to choose the best plugin for your website.
FAQs About Customer Review Plugins
In this guide, we compared all the most popular customer review plugins. If you still have questions, then here are our answers about choosing the perfect review plugin.
How do I add customer reviews in WordPress?
If you use a plugin like Smash Balloon, then your review feed will update automatically. This can save you a ton of time and effort, as you don’t need to add each new customer review manually.
If you want to create a page where you will show all your reviews, then you can see our guide on how to add a customer reviews page in WordPress.
How do I accept user-submitted reviews on my WordPress website?
The easiest way to accept user-submitted reviews in WordPress is by using WPForms. The plugin has multiple review form templates that allow customers to submit their thoughts and feedback.
Simply choose the review template you want to use and customize it using WPForms’ drag-and-drop editor. You can then add the form to any page, post, or widget-ready area using either the WPForms block or shortcode.
Is there a Google review plugin for WordPress?
Both Smash Balloon Reviews Feed and WP Business Reviews can show reviews from your Google business page.
How do I add customer testimonials in WordPress?
You can add testimonials by manually copying them into your WordPress website content. However, a testimonials plugin lets you easily display reviews in a slider, carousel, grid, and many other beautiful layouts.
Best WordPress Guides for Getting More Customers
- How to Increase Your Blog Traffic – The Easy Way (Proven Tips)
- Tips for Using Google Search Console to Effectively Grow Your Website Traffic
- Tips to Grow Your Business Online (Without A Lot of Money)
- WordPress Plugins That Will Quickly Help You Get More Traffic
- Ultimate WordPress SEO Guide for Beginners (Step by Step)
We hope this article helped you find the best customer reviews plugins for your WordPress website. You may also want to see our guide on how and why you should leave reviews on WordPress or our list of the best live chat software to provide great customer support.