A lot of WordCamps and WordPress meetup groups hold beginner workshops. Unfortunately, most of these aren’t recorded.
In this article, we will share free WordPress training videos that cover all the topics discussed in a WordPress beginner workshop.
A WordPress beginner workshop aims to help new users get started. The topics discussed are:
- What is WordPress?
- Why is WordPress free?
- Why should you use WordPress?
- What’s the difference between WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org?
- How do you choose the best WordPress hosting?
- How to install WordPress?
They also talk about using WordPress (creating posts, adding pages, embedding images and videos, changing the template, adding widgets, customizing menus, installing plugins, and many other tips and tricks).
We have covered all these topics in our free WordPress training videos, including step-by-step video tutorials and complete courses.
You should also consider subscribing to our YouTube channel, where we have over 1000+ free WordPress video tutorials with over 56.8 million views.
Some other helpful resources that are often mentioned in the beginner workshops include:
- WordPress Dictionary – a list of WordPress glossary terms explained for beginners.
- WordPress Theme Directory – The most reliable place to find free WordPress themes. See our expert pick of the best free WordPress themes.
- WordPress Plugin Directory – The most reliable place to find free WordPress plugins. Since there are over 60,000+ free plugins available, you may want to see our expert picks for the must-have WordPress plugins for all websites.
- WPBeginner Engage Facebook group – it’s the largest free WordPress help group for non-techy users. There are over 97,000+ members, including many WordPress experts who regularly offer free WordPress support and tips to grow your website.
- WordPress coupons & deals – Exclusive discounts on WordPress products and services for WPBeginner users.
WPBeginner content is 100% free, and we are always looking to find more ways to be helpful.
Let’s take a look at some of our most helpful WordPress tutorials:
- How to Start a WordPress Blog
- How to Start an Online Store
- How to Start a Podcast with WordPress
- How to Fix the Most Common WordPress Errors
- How to Improve WordPress Security
How to Attend a WordPress Beginner Workshop LIVE
The best way to attend a live WordPress beginner workshop in person is to find a WordCamp or a WordPress meetup group near you.
WordCamp is a non-profit conference that focuses on everything WordPress. There is a WordCamp held just about every week worldwide. You can see the full schedule to see if there is one in a location near you.
Alternatively, you can find a local WordPress meetup group in your area. Currently, there are more than 749 local WordPress meetup groups in 108 countries.
Unlike WordCamps, WordPress meetup groups are smaller and allow beginners to interact and mingle with the WordPress experts in their area.
It’s important to note that not every WordCamp or WordPress meetup group holds beginner workshops. You should check the schedule to make sure it’s being offered.
If it isn’t, then you can always contact the organizers to see if they can offer a live beginner workshop. Most of the time, meetup and WordCamp organizers are very receptive to suggestions.
We hope that you found our WordPress training videos helpful replacements for WordPress beginner workshops. You should also check out our beginner’s guide on how to learn WordPress for free and our expert picks for the best free WordPress business themes.