WordPress and eCommerce is still a pretty difficult combination. Although plugins like GetShopped, and themes like Templatic have tried to offer solutions, there is no such thing for real beginners that offers a one-in-all solution.
As you know that we were attending Blog World Expo this past weekend. There we found out about this amazing concept that our friends over at Page.ly are planning. This new site is called WPStores.com
WPStores.com is a WordPress eCommerce solution powered by page.ly that will take the hassle out of setting up and maintaining an eCommerce enabled website. Think easy like Shopify with the awesome content management power of WordPress in a secured package. Finally WordPress + eCommerce made easy.
- WPStores.com is owned and operated by PHPurchase.
- WPStores.com is powered by page.ly so all client packages come with the same easy setup, automatic core and plugin upgrades, backups, and bulletproof security page.ly customers know and love.
- PHPurchase’s easy and powerful GPL ecommerce plugin will be pre-configured and installed on each site at the time of creation. From sign-up to selling product in about 2 minutes.
- Talks are happening with the talented team at Press75 to provide a set of default eCommerce ready themes.
- There will be 3 plans available from $40/mo – $65/mo
- Paypal and Google Checkout will be default payment options
- Dedicated IP Address and SSL will be available for using a credit card gateway (Authorize.net)
- Service will launch in approx. 4 weeks
We will keep you guys within the loop as this product launches. While everything looks great within this ecommerce solution, we are curious to see what type of affiliate program options they will offer. Many of us already know that affiliate programs are becoming crucial in making good number of sales. A feature that allows integration with Clickbank, E-Junkie, or even a custom affiliate program module would be something that we want to see in this product.
Would you use this solution when they come out?