Often new WPBeginner readers ask us how can they get maximum benefits from all the free resources available on our website.
WPBeginner is the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners. We have been publishing free WordPress guides, how-to tutorials, and videos since 2009.
In this article, we will show you how to make the most out of WPBeginner’s free resources.
If you haven’t started a website yet, then please take a look at the following guides:
- How to start a website (step by step)
- How to start a WordPress blog (step by step)
- How to start an online store (step by step)
- How to start a podcast with WordPress (step by step)
- How to create a membership site with WordPress (step by step)
If you already have a website, then you can check out the resources below.
1. Subscribe to the WPBeginner Newsletter
Signing up for the WPBeginner newsletter is the best way to stay updated with WPBeginner’s new posts and resources. When we write a new article, it will land directly in your email inbox (weekly).
You will also get links to other resources you may have missed.
If you are just starting out with WordPress, then our WordPress Beginner Videos should be your first destination.
We hate to see many big companies selling such basic education for hundreds of dollars. This is why we decided to make it available for FREE.
These HD-quality videos are built for beginner-level users. Our step-by-step video tutorials cover from the basics to advanced WordPress topics and will help you get started with WordPress in no time.
With more than 94,000+ members, our Facebook group, WPBeginner Engage, is one of the fastest-growing WordPress groups on Facebook.
It is the most casual and often the fastest way to get WordPress help from our WordPress experts and other motivated website owners like yourself.
Our team members actively participate in the group to answer user questions. We also do Facebook Live sessions with our Founder and CEO, Syed Balkhi.
With more than 290,000 subscribers, WPBeginner’s YouTube channel is the best WordPress channel on YouTube (over 1000+ free videos).
We regularly upload new videos with useful how-to tutorials aimed at beginner-level users. These videos are short, sweet, and easy to follow.
You will also get the video transcript, a text version of the tutorial, and you can even ask questions in the comments.
Joining our YouTube channel will help you stay up to date, brush up on your WordPress skills, and discover new tools and plugins for your website.
5. Allow WPBeginner Push Notifications
Another way to stay in touch with important content is to get push notifications from WPBeginner.
Allowing push notifications will let you receive browser notifications on your desktop or mobile devices. We only use this notification for important pieces of content (not every post). You can check the article right away or later at your convenience.
If you have push notifications blocked on your browser, then you can enable them or selectively allow WPBeginner.
Here is how to turn on notifications in major browsers:
6. Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Media Networks
We do our best to be present on all popular social media platforms, so we can help you learn WordPress on your favorite platform.
This way, you can participate in our community discussions, see the new posts we have published, get in touch with us, and leave your comments and feedback.
We like to hear from our users. In fact, many of our post ideas come from user requests made on Twitter, Facebook, and our other social channels.
7. Got a WordPress Question? Here Is How to Find the Answer
In the top right corner of every page on WPBeginner, there is a search box. This search box is powered by Google Custom Search. It is fast and highly accurate.
Simply type in the question you want to ask us. There is a very good chance that we have already written about it.
Pro tip: To save time, some readers just Google their WordPress questions with wpbeginner at the end of each search term, so Google can show them the most accurate answer.
8. Can’t Find an Answer? Drop Us a Line or Tweet
If you have searched WPBeginner and didn’t find an answer to your question, then you can reach us using the contact form on our website.
You can also Tweet to us @WPBeginner.
Alternatively, you can post your question in WPBeginner’s Facebook Group. This way, you can share as much information as you like and get help from our experts and other users.
We will try our best to get back to you with an answer or point you in the right direction within one business day.
We love hearing from our users because that’s what keeps us motivated and inspired.
9. Need Plugin and Theme Recommendations?
Many beginners are concerned about which plugins they should use on their WordPress site or how to find the perfect theme.
You can visit WPBeginner’s Showcase section, where we hand-pick the best WordPress plugins and themes. Here are some resources to get started:
- Must-have WordPress plugins for all websites
- Useful tools to manage and grow your WordPress blog
- Best simple WordPress themes
- Best free WordPress blog themes
Want to know which WordPress plugins and tools we use on WPBeginner? Just check out WPBeginner’s Blueprint, where you will find all the tools and plugins we use to run WPBeginner.
As a beginner, it’s quite intimidating to not know what specific technical lingo means. That’s exactly why we created our WordPress glossary.
You can look up WordPress and blogging terms in our WordPress Glossary section. We have organized the most commonly used terms in alphabetical order with easy-to-understand descriptions for each term.
As the largest WordPress resource site, we have reached out to top WordPress companies for exclusive discounts and deals for our users.
In WPBeginner’s Deals section, you will find excellent WordPress hosting, theme, and plugin coupons.
We have also included special offers for most of the tools and services that we use ourselves to grow our business. All these deals will help you grow your business online with much less effort.
WPBeginner also offers a growing collection of highly useful and totally free business tools. These free tools help small businesses grow their websites and compete with the big guys.
Here is a list of free business tools offered by WPBeginner:
- Business Name Generator
- WordPress Theme Detector
- Blog Idea Generator
- Smart Headline Analyzer
- Website SEO Analyzer
- Email Signature Generator
- Keyword Generator Tool
Together, these tools can save you thousands of dollars that you would otherwise spend on paid alternatives that do the same thing.
12. Want to Learn More About WPBeginner?
Are you curious about who runs WPBeginner? Like why it’s free, and how it works? Just check out our about page.
We started out as a small blog to help our clients learn how to use WordPress. Since then WPBeginner has grown into becoming one of the largest free WordPress resource sites for beginners.
13. What Else Do We Do?
If you like our free tutorials, then please support us by using our premium plugins:
- WPForms – Best WordPress contact form and survey plugin.
- All in One SEO for WordPress – The best WordPress SEO plugin that helps you improve search rankings.
- MonsterInsights – #1 WordPress analytics plugin (trusted by 3 million websites).
- OptinMonster – Helps you get more email subscribers.
- WP Mail SMTP – Fixes the WordPress not sending email issue.
- SeedProd – Best WordPress coming soon and maintenance mode plugin.
- TrustPulse – Helps you boost conversions with honest social proof notifications.
- WPCode – Best WordPress code snippets plugin.
- Duplicator – Best WordPress backup and migration plugin.
- Easy Digital Downloads – WordPress digital eCommerce plugin.
- Smash Balloon – Best WordPress social media plugin.
- RafflePress – Best WordPress giveaway plugin.
- AffiliateWP – WordPress affiliate management plugin.
- Thrive Themes – WordPress growth plugin suite.
- Sugar Calendar – WordPress event calendar plugin.
- SearchWP – Best WordPress advanced search plugin.
- PushEngage – Best web push notification software.
- WP Charitable – Best WordPress donation plugin.
- WP Simple Pay – WordPress payments plugin.
- SendLayer – Reliable email deliverability made easy.
We hope this article helped you learn how you can make the most out of WPBeginner’s free WordPress resources. You may also want to take a look at how to learn WordPress in a week or less or our expert picks for the best free WordPress blog themes.