Are you looking for the best product review plugins for WordPress?
Product review plugins can help you get more traffic from search engines, boost affiliate link clicks, add user-submitted reviews to your website to increase social proof, and more.
In this article, we have hand-picked the best product review plugins for WordPress.
Why Use Product Review Plugins in WordPress?
What do you do when you want to buy something online? If you are like most people, then you probably check out product reviews to compare different options.
If you have an online store, then allowing your customers to submit reviews is a smart way to add social proof to your website and boost sales.
Even a niche review site where you are writing all the reviews yourself can use a product review plugin. The right review plugin will help you optimize your reviews in search results so you can get more clicks and traffic.
WordPress makes it easy to add new blog posts and create important website pages, but writing review content or adding reviews to your website requires additional features offered by WordPress plugins.
Product review plugins can help you make more sales, let users add reviews to your website, add reviews from third-party platforms, and more.
That being said, let’s take a look at some of the best product review plugins you can use on your WordPress site.
WP Review Pro is the best WordPress product review plugin on the market. It gives you full control over your WordPress product reviews, makes it easy to create product comparisons, and much more.
It includes a library of pre-designed templates you can customize to match the design of your website. There are different types of rating systems you can use, like percentage, star rating, points, and more.
Creating a custom review box lets you present all the important product information for your visitors, including a link to buy the product.
Review schema markup is automatically included, allowing you to show star ratings in the search results. When we tested the plugin, we realized that you can also let your users add their reviews to your products, rate features, and vote on other users’ comments.
- The plugin lets you display reviews from third-party sources like Facebook, Google Places, and Yelp, so you can easily add social proof to your WordPress website.
- WP Review allows you to create a pros and cons section for each product.
- It lets you control who can review your website with its review user roles feature.
- The plugin offers complete spam protection, import/exports reviews, and has a WooCommerce integration.
- WP Review has a free plan, but most of the features can only be unlocked in the pro version.
Why we recommend WP Review Pro: Overall, WP Review Pro is the best product review plugin. It comes with lots of premade templates, makes it super easy to add reviews from other sources, and also offers complete spam protection.
All in One SEO (AIOSEO) is the best SEO plugin for WordPress on the market used by over 3 million websites. It lets you easily add product review schema to your review blog posts and optimize your content to get more traffic from search engines.
Schema markup doesn’t appear on your website for visitors to see, but it helps search engines better understand your content and display your product reviews properly.
Rich snippets will catch potential visitors’ attention and are more likely to get clicks from the search results.
When you are writing your product reviews, AIOSEO will automatically detect the right type of schema based on what you are writing.
You also have full control over the product review schema and can enter relevant product information for search engine bots to read.
- With AIOSEO, you can add existing customer reviews to improve the search appearance. You will find this option below the review schema box in your post editor.
- You can optimize your product images for SEO with the plugin.
- It offers on-page SEO analysis, local SEO, social media integrations, and a broken link assistant.
- When testing the plugin, we realized that AIOSEO can also act as a writing assistant and help you write better product descriptions.
- The plugin does not offer any premade templates for product reviews and does not let you add product reviews from other sources.
- There is a free version of the plugin available, but you’ll need the pro version to access the product review schema feature.
Why we recommend AIOSEO: If you want to optimize your product reviews for SEO, then All in One SEO is the best option. Its product review schema allows you to easily add product reviews and boost search engine rankings on your website.
For more details, you can see our complete All in One SEO review.
Smash Balloon Reviews Feed Pro is the best Google Reviews plugin. It also allows you to display reviews on your website from different sources like Yelp, Facebook, WordPress.org, Trustpilot, and TripAdvisor.
The plugin comes with an easy-to-use editor that lets you customize your product reviews feed according to your liking. You can change the feed’s layout, add different buttons, and create your own color scheme.
You can then add the product reviews feed to any page, post, or widget area on your website using Smash Balloon’s block or shortcode.
- Reviews Feed Pro lets you create multiple product review feeds for different platforms.
- It lets you filter reviews based on star ratings, keywords, or specific platforms.
- You can configure the reviews feed to match your WordPress theme.
- The plugin offers optimized images, local storage, and background caching for fast-loading review feeds. When we tested the plugin, it loaded the product review feed in no time.
- Smash Balloon also offers other plugins that you can use to embed Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram feeds. You can also create a social wall with it.
- The plugin’s free plan only lets you add Yelp or Google reviews. To add a feed for product reviews from other sources, you will need to upgrade to the pro plan.
- It does not offer a feature for users to add product reviews directly on your WordPress site.
Why we recommend Smash Balloon Reviews Feed Pro: If you want to display a product reviews feed from another source like Yelp, Facebook, or Google, then Reviews Feed Pro is the ideal plugin for you.
For more information, you can see our complete Smash Balloon review.
WP Customer Reviews allows you to collect customer reviews and testimonials as well as create your own product reviews.
For example, you can create a specific page on your website to showcase your testimonials and improve your social proof and conversions.
You have full control over your review forms and the information you want to collect from your users. To display reviews, you can use shortcodes or the included block.
Plus, WP Customer Reviews allows you to configure which user roles can leave product reviews on your website.
- You can check the reviews in your WordPress dashboard, so you have complete control over the ones that are displayed.
- It has the option to turn any existing WordPress blog post into a product review.
- WP Customer Reviews lets you add product review schema to improve search engine rankings.
- The plugin allows you to add a pros and cons section for each product, add star ratings, and import/export reviews.
- It offers limited features to filter and approve reviews based on different criteria.
- The plugin offers basic layouts for reviews with limited customization.
Why we recommend WP Customer Reviews: The plugin is completely free and can also integrate with WooCommerce seamlessly. If you have an online store and are on a shoestring budget, then we recommend WP Customer Reviews to add product reviews to your website.
Site Reviews is an easy-to-use review plugin that lets you collect customer reviews for your products, services, or a local business, similar to a site like TripAdvisor or Yelp.
You can even let users review certain parts of your website, like posts, products, pages, and more.
It comes with a simple settings page that allows you to control how you want to gather reviews and how you want to display them on your website. You can customize the review form and display it anywhere on your site.
- With Site Reviews, you can pin your best reviews to the top so your customers will see them first.
- It integrates with WooCommerce, so you can improve how customers leave reviews on your WooCommerce product pages.
- You can display your reviews using the included Gutenberg block or shortcode to show specific reviews.
- Site Reviews offers limited mobile responsiveness.
- The plugin can potentially conflict with other plugins activated on your website.
Why we recommend Site Reviews: If you are looking for a free plugin to add a simple product reviews section, then you can use Site Reviews.
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce lets you easily add more detailed reviews to your store.
Your customers can attach pictures and vote on reviews, plus you can add a question and answer section so your product listings look the same as Amazon.
Overall, this plugin helps improve your social proof so that when visitors go to your product pages, they are more likely to make a purchase.
- It lets you send automated emails after a customer makes a purchase to help you generate more reviews. You can also send a coupon after a review is left on your product.
- The plugin can integrate with Google Shopping, boost SEO, and support over 30 languages.
- It allows you to approve, edit, or delete reviews, import/export reviews, and send review reminders on WhatsApp.
- The plugin does not come with spam protection, so you may have to deal with spam, negative, or inappropriate reviews.
- Users have had security concerns with the plugin in the past.
Why we recommend Customer Reviews for WooCommerce: This free plugin is a great option if you have a WooCommerce store due to its seamless integration and beginner-friendly interface.
OptinMonster is the best lead generation tool for WordPress and is used by over 1.2 million websites. You can easily create high-converting popup campaigns to grow your email list and get more sales for the products you review on your website.
It comes with a library of over 400 templates you can use to quickly create spin to win optins, alert bars, yes/no optins, and many other types of popup campaigns for your website.
You can use these popups in creative ways. For example, you might create a popup that displays a coupon for the affiliate product you are reviewing in an article.
This is a common way to increase affiliate income and earn more revenue. That’s why many of the most successful WordPress blogs use this technique in their product review articles.
- You can target different users for various product reviews based on behavior, interests, or location.
- The tool comes with a drag-and-drop builder.
- You can optimize your opt-in forms with A/B testing.
- The plugin can help you capture leads and generate revenue.
- OptinMonster does not have a free plan, but its connecting plugin is free.
- It does not have a dedicated product or customer reviews feature.
Why we recommend OptinMonster: If you are looking for a tool that can encourage users to buy products from your product reviews, then OptinMonster is a great option. You can use it to create popups that will offer discounts or coupons to users on product review pages.
For more information, see our OptinMonster review.
You can also use the plugin to automatically post product reviews on Facebook or other social media platforms every time a user leaves feedback on your website. This can help boost your social media following and engagement.
Plus, Uncanny Automator helps you create other automated workflows on your site without any code, making it easier to manage your website and business.
- The plugin acts like Zapier for WordPress and can connect with 150+ WordPress plugins and tools like Twilio, Instagram, Google Sheets, and Zoom.
- It has a free plan, is super easy to use, and provides unlimited recipes and actions.
- It can connect your product reviews with email marketing tools or CRM software.
- Some of its features can only be unlocked in the pro version.
- The plugin does not offer dedicated product review features.
Why we recommend Uncanny Automator: If you want to add your product reviews on platforms other than your WordPress site, then you can use Uncanny Automator to create an automated workflow.
For more details, you may like to see our Uncanny Automator review.
You can use it like a product review plugin by asking users to leave feedback on your website for your products if they want to enter your free giveaway.
RafflePress can also integrate with Trustpilot, Capterra, and G2 if you want users to leave product reviews on those platforms instead. All you will have to do is simply add these platforms as actions in the giveaway.
Once you do that, click on the block to open its settings in the block panel, where you can make the action mandatory. Now, if users want to enter a giveaway, then they must leave a product review first.
We have also used RafflePress on our own website to get more email subscribers. For details, you can see our insider look at how WPBeginner ran a successful viral giveaway with RafflePress.
- The plugin comes with a drag-and-drop builder, premade giveaway templates, and complete fraud protection.
- You can also ask users to share your products on their social media handles to enter the giveaway.
- It can help capture leads and choose real-time winners.
- It has a free plan, but you will need the pro version to unlock the product review actions.
- RafflePress is not a dedicated product review plugin.
Why we recommend RafflePress: If you want to host giveaways or contests to boost engagement and get product reviews at the same time, then this is the plugin for you.
For more information, see our RafflePress review.
Which Is the Best WordPress Product Reviews Plugin?
In our expert opinion, WP Review Pro is the best WordPress product review plugin on the market. It comes with plenty of premade review templates, complete spam protection, and lets you add different rating systems for reviews.
However, if you want to boost search rankings with your product reviews, then we recommend All in One SEO for WordPress due to its amazing product reviews schema.
Similarly, if you want to add product reviews from another platform like Yelp, Google, TripAdvisor, or Facebook, then Smash Balloon Reviews Feed Pro is a good choice.
Alternatively, if you want to use a free plugin, then WP Customer Reviews is also a great option.
Frequently Asked Questions About WordPress Product Review Plugins
Here are some questions that are frequently asked by our readers about product review plugins for WordPress.
Do product review plugins help with SEO?
Product review plugins can help boost SEO if they have a schema markup feature. The plugins also add new content to your site, which can further improve search engine rankings.
Additionally, reviews left by customers usually contain relevant keywords that can help with your site’s SEO. If you want to use product reviews to improve your website’s ranking, then AIOSEO is the ideal choice.
Can I use product review plugins to encourage customers to leave reviews?
Most product review plugins do not contain any specific feature that can encourage users to leave reviews.
However, you can use a plugin like OptinMonster to generate attractive popups that will offer discount offers to customers if they visit the product review pages on your website.
If you want, you can also offer free giveaways to customers if they leave product reviews on your website or external review platforms.
How can I use product reviews to gather customer feedback and insights?
Popular plugins like WP Customer Reviews allow you to create product review forms where you can add different fields to gather feedback and insights from customers.
However, we recommend using a dedicated user feedback plugin to gather customer insights instead.
For example, you can use UserFeedback to add a customer survey prompt on your website.
You can even use WPForms to create polls and surveys to collect feedback. For details, see our tutorial on how to create post purchase surveys in WooCommerce.
Best WordPress Guides for Product Reviews
- Best Customer Reviews Plugins for WordPress Compared
- How to Send a Coupon After a WooCommerce Product Review
- How to Add a Customer Reviews Page in WordPress
- Best WordPress Product Comparison Plugins (Compared)
- How to Display Trustpilot Reviews on Your WordPress Site