Are you looking for the best Gutenberg block plugins for your WordPress site?
By default, WordPress offers a set of essential content blocks like Paragraph, Image, Button, List, and more.
However, you can extend this using plugins that add more blocks to the editor.
In this article, we’ll share some of WordPress’s best Gutenberg block plugins that you can try.
What is The WordPress Block Editor?
For a typical blog post, you will have many paragraph blocks, some heading blocks for subheadings, and some image blocks.
There are also several default blocks to add other commonly used web elements such as lists, columns, groups, galleries, and more.
To learn more, see our WordPress block editor tutorial for beginners.
Why Use the Block Editor in WordPress?
If you’ve been creating WordPress sites for many years, you will likely find the block editor a significant change from the classic editor.
Some users have chosen to disable the block editor and keep the classic editor. However, we recommend using the block editor. It offers many valuable features and is more user-friendly.
The block editor lets you add elements to your posts and pages that aren’t possible in the classic editor.
For instance, you can add an FAQ section to your post or add a call-to-action button without writing HTML code.
7 Most Useful Time-Saving Default WordPress Blocks
The block editor already includes built-in blocks for all types of content elements.
These blocks make adding common elements, such as tables, galleries, buttons, and more accessible. In the older versions of WordPress, you had to install plugins to add these common web elements.
Here are some super helpful default WordPress Gutenberg blocks you can use immediately.
1. Button Block: This lets you add call-to-action buttons to your WordPress pages and articles.
2. Media & Text Block: This lets you add images and text side-by-side. Doing this with the old Classic Editor was a confusing task for beginners.
3. Cover Block: You can add stunning cover images to your posts and pages. See our guide on the difference between cover images vs. featured images.
6. Columns Block: You can easily create multi-column layouts for your blog posts and pages.
7. Shortcode Block: This lets you easily add shortcodes to your WordPress posts and pages. This means the block editor is fully compatible with plugins that provide a shortcode.
Besides these, there are many other blocks that you can explore and try without using a plugin.
You can even create your own custom blocks in WordPress following our tutorial.
With block editor, you also get access to block Patterns. These are pre-configured sets of blocks that allow you to add entire sections to your content. Making content creation faster and more efficient.
With that said, let’s take a look at some of the best WordPress blocks offered by WordPress plugins. These plugins will simply add new blocks and allow you to extend the functionality of the default WordPress editor.
Best Gutenberg Blocks Plugins for Your WordPress Site
There are two types of WordPress block plugins available on the market. We will cover both of them:
- Single-Purpose Block Plugins
- Gutenberg Block Libraries
Single-purpose plugins are mostly popular WordPress plugins. Many of them have been in the market for a long time. They specialize in one specific feature and usually provide a powerful block to add content in WordPress.
For example, WPForms is a popular WordPress form plugin for making powerful forms in WordPress. It offers a WordPress block to add contact forms, surveys, order forms, payment forms, etc., in your posts and pages.
On the other hand, there are block collection plugins that combine many different content elements in a single plugin.
For example, Genesis Pro gives you 16 additional premium blocks. These include a pricing table block, testimonial block, profile box block, and more.
Single Purpose Block Plugins vs. Block Library Plugins
Now that you know the options, you might wonder if one is better. Here are some essential points to consider.
Single-purpose block plugins add only one feature, but they offer the most comprehensive set of options and integrations. They’re often the best solution for what you’re trying to do.
Block library plugins include a collection of different blocks for different purposes. However, these blocks are not as fine-tuned as the single feature blocks. While they offer a lot of blocks, they may not be as robust.
Another disadvantage of using block suites is that they can add unnecessary clutter to your block list.
With that said, let’s look at the best WordPress Gutenberg block plugins.
WPForms is the most user-friendly WordPress form plugin in the market. It allows you to easily create simple contact forms and more powerful forms like interactive polls, surveys, order forms, etc., on your WordPress site.
WPForms offers a block for adding WordPress forms to your posts and pages.
With WPForms, you can create many forms, including survey forms, contact forms, email sign-up forms, login forms, and more.
You can accept online payments through your forms via Stripe and PayPal, with no additional transaction fees. Even the free version of WPForms allows you to collect Stripe payments and it only charges a 3% transaction fee.
Genesis Blocks is a free Gutenberg plugin with a collection of custom WordPress blocks. It includes 14 essential Gutenberg blocks, four pre-built page layouts, and eight pre-built page sections.
This library comes with some of the best WordPress blocks that you may need.
- Advanced Columns Block – Create beautiful multi-column layouts.
- Author Profile Block – Easily add an author profile box to posts or pages.
- Pricing Block – Build beautiful pricing tables in WordPress.
- Share Icons Block – Add social share buttons to your posts and pages.
- Testimonial Block – Include customer testimonials to help drive sales.
Genesis Blocks also has a pro version, Genesis Pro. This gives you new blocks, plus 26 pre-built full-page layouts, 56 pre-built sections, and much more. If you want to create a beautiful and effective website quickly, it’s a great solution.
Genesis Pro subscription will also give you access to all premium StudioPress themes.
Smash Balloon gives you a block for adding each social media feed. For instance, you can simply drag and drop the Facebook block into a post or page to add your Facebook feed. You don’t need to enter any shortcodes.
Each plugin is 100% mobile responsive and looks great out of the box. It automatically matches your WordPress theme’s fonts and styles.
The inline campaigns can be added to your posts and pages in just a few clicks using the OptinMonster block.
You can use inline campaigns to quickly and easily embed an eye-catching email signup form on your page.
You could use OptinMonster’s content locking feature to lock the content below the inline campaign.
WP Call Button is a single purpose block plugin that helps you easily add a click-to-call button on your WordPress site.
Aside from adding clickable phone numbers on your contact page, WP Call Button also has a smart floating call button. This lets you add a highly visible click-to-call button on all pages of your website, for mobile users.
This helps you get more phone calls and close more sales for your business. It also works with any professional business phone service that you may be using.
The WP Call Button smartphone buttons have built-in click tracking with Google Analytics, so you can easily see which pages on your site are performing the best.
The phone button block has many customization options, so you can easily customize the call button to match your website design.
Spectra, formerly known as the Ultimate Addon for Gutenberg, is the most widely used Gutenberg blocks library plugin. Created by the people behind the popular Astra theme, this plugin is actively installed on over 300,000 websites.
It includes over 30 Gutenberg blocks, including the following:
- Info Box Block – Add an info box with an image, heading, and description.
- Multi Buttons Block – It lets you add multiple buttons within a single block.
- Team Block – This allows you to create a team section with photos.
- Price List Block – This lets you easily create a price list like a restaurant menu.
- Testimonial Block – Useful to add testimonials on your website.
An advantage of using this plugin is that it comes with built-in support for Astra Theme and all their starter sites. This means you can import a starter site and use the block editor to create beautiful layouts.
The default Gallery block in WordPress is quite basic and does not allow you to share the same image galleries outside the editor. Envira Gallery will enable you to keep your Galleries separate and add them to any post or page. The plugin is fully compatible with the block editor and has a native block to instantly embed galleries.
Envira Gallery includes advanced features like watermark protection and image proofing. It also has seamless integration with WooCommerce to let you sell your photos.
Kadence Blocks is another great WordPress block collection plugin. It comes with some of the most commonly used blocks and helps you add more functionality to your content editor.
The plugin is available in both free and premium versions. The free version has 10 custom blocks, including the following:
- Row Layout Block – Insert content blocks in one or multiple columns in a row.
- Tabs Block – Lets you create horizontal or vertical tabs and customize them.
- Accordion Block – Create beautiful accordions within your content.
- Icon List Block – Lets you create attractive lists with custom icons instead of default bullets.
The plugin allows you to deactivate the blocks that you will not use. Doing so keeps your editor clean and lightweight.
If you like these blocks and want more from Kadence Themes, you can buy their pro plugin or membership plan.
Gutenberg Blocks and Template Library by Otter is another useful WordPress blocks plugin that adds extra Gutenberg blocks to your site.
There are more than 10 WordPress blocks included in this plugin. Here are some of the useful blocks:
- Section Block – Allows you to build layouts using columns like in page builder plugins.
- Google Maps Block – This lets you embed Google Maps on your website.
- About Author Block – Allows you to show an author bio box on your website.
- Sharing Icons Block – This lets you add social sharing icons to your WordPress articles easily.
In addition to the Gutenberg blocks, the plugin also includes templates and layouts to help you create stunning pages quickly. Otter is created by the same team behind ThemeIsle, a popular WordPress themes company.
Ultimate Blocks is another Gutenberg block collection plugin with several extra blocks for the block editor.
Here are some of the blocks offered by the plugin:
- Review Block – Let you add a review with the product name, features, summary, and star rating.
- Table of Contents Block – Helps to create a table of contents from the headings in your article.
- Call to Action Block – This lets you create a call-to-action box with a heading, description, and button.
- Click to Tweet Block – Easily add tweetable content to your posts and pages.
- Notification Box Block – This allows you to add a simple notification box in your articles.
Advanced Gutenberg adds 20+ new blocks to your Gutenberg editor. The plugin helps you to create professional web pages easily and quickly.
Here are some of the Advanced Gutenberg blocks.
- Columns Manager Block – Predefined responsive columns to let you add multi-column content in WordPress.
- Map Block – This lets you embed Google Maps in your posts and pages.
- Counter Block – Allows you to showcase numbers like total sales in an attractive manner.
- Tabs Block – This lets you add content in tabs easily.
- Advanced List Block – Create visually attractive lists with custom list icons and styles.
The plugin also gives you advanced block control options to activate blocks as per user roles.
The Advanced Gutenberg plugin was created by JoomUnited.
Stackable is a free WordPress block library plugin with beautiful custom blocks for WordPress sites. It includes more than 20 easy-to-use blocks for Gutenberg.
Here are some of the excellent WordPress blocks offered by this plugin.
- Container Block – Allows you to combine different blocks in a single row.
- Feature Grid Block – This lets you showcase your product features or portfolio in stylish grid layouts.
- Team Members Block – This lets you showcase your team members with their position, duties, and specialties.
- Video Popup Block – This lets you add full-screen video popups for YouTube and Vimeo videos.
Stackable also offers impressive effects and background options. You can use image and video backgrounds, fixed images, gradient background effects, and more.
CoBlocks is a free plugin with a collection of page-building WordPress blocks. Like most block collection plugins, it offers extra blocks to supercharge the block editor in WordPress.
Here are some useful Gutenberg blocks offered by this plugin:
- Rows and Columns Blocks – This lets you design dynamic layouts based on a grid system.
- Carousel Gallery Block – Enables you to create carousel galleries and showcase your images.
- Alert Block – Create attractive alerts and insert them into your WordPress posts and pages.
- Author Profile Block – Lets you add an author profile box in your WordPress post or page.
The plugin lets you customize your blocks with ease. You can change fonts, set the margin and padding, pick colors, and more.
Advanced Editor Tools used to be called TinyMCE Advanced. It’s a popular plugin that enhanced the old classic editor with more formatting options. Now, it also supports the newer Gutenberg block editor.
Advanced Editor Tools offers additional formatting and styling options in default blocks. For example, you will see new formatting buttons in the toolbars with the ability to choose fonts. You can also adjust which buttons you want to see in the toolbar.
Some Honorable Mentions
Besides the ones we mentioned above, there are many Gutenberg blocks plugins on the market. Here are some honorable mentions you can use as alternatives to the above-listed plugins.
- SeedProd – Complete website builder for WordPress
- Thrive Architect – An intuitive visual page builder for WordPress.
- Getwid Gutenberg Blocks – Free Gutenberg Blocks Library
- Editor Blocks for Gutenberg – WordPress Blocks Collection Plugin
- Google Maps Gutenberg Block – WordPress Google Maps Block
Plus, most content-focused WordPress plugins are now Gutenberg-compatible and come with their own blocks.
We hope this article helped you to find the best Gutenberg blocks for your WordPress site. You may also want to see our handpicked list of the best Gutenberg friendly WordPress themes and our comparison of the best WordPress membership plugins to create & sell online courses.