Do you want to create an email newsletter for your WordPress site? Creating an email list is one of the best things you can do to grow your business.
An email newsletter allows your website visitors to subscribe so that they can receive email updates from you about your blog, new sale promotions, and stay updated with latest features.
In this article, we will share some of the best WordPress newsletter plugins that you can use to easily build and grow your email list.
Why Your Site Needs an Email Newsletter
An email newsletter lets you keep in touch with your site’s visitors. Email marketing is a crucial and effective way to make money from your website.
Some website owners think they need to get to a certain stage with their site before starting a newsletter. But we believe it’s important to start building your email list right away.
Although we’re using the term newsletter, you don’t necessarily need to send out regular news. You might create a short email course for new subscribers to help them get to know you better. You could also use your newsletter list to offer special discounts on your products and services.
If you want more ideas of what you could include in your newsletter, check out our step by step guide on how to create an email newsletter the right way.
When it comes to WordPress newsletter plugins, there are three different types. The first type of newsletter plugin is associated with email marketing services which offer the most comprehensive set of features.
The second type is simple newsletter plugins that let you draft emails inside WordPress, but they rely on third-party SMTP services to help you reliably send emails to your subscribers.
Lastly, the third type of WordPress newsletter plugin is designed to help you get more email subscribers and grow your email list. These plugins integrate with all popular email marketing services and other newsletter plugins.
With that said, let’s take a look at the top WordPress newsletter plugins that you can use to build and grow your email list.
1. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is a service that you can use to build an email list and send out emails. We believe it’s the best email marketing service for small businesses.
Due to the popularity of Constant Contact, leading WordPress form plugins like WPForms, offer built-in integration for Constant Contact, so you can quickly build newsletter subscription forms.
Constant Contact integration is also available in WPForms free version.
This lets you easily build your email list from your WordPress site while relying on a powerful email deliverability platform of Constant Contact to send emails.
- Constant Contact itself is a fully-featured email marketing service. It lets you easily create emails using templates. You can segment your list, set up automated emails, and much more.
- If you don’t already have a Constant Contact account, they offer a generous free trial for you to get started.
- There are a lot of third-party plugins like WPForms that offer native integration for Constant Contact.
- Constant Contact comes with excellent support (email, chat, and live phone support).
- You can also integrate Constant Contact with WooCommerce and other eCommerce platforms.
- Constant Contact email marketing service lacks advanced targeting features that are available in marketing automation platforms like Drip or ConvertKit.
The plugin to integrate Constant Contact with WordPress (WPForms Lite) is 100% free.
But you’ll need to use their email marketing service. Constant Contact has a 60-day free trial (no credit-card required). After that their pricing starts as low as $20/month.
WPBeginner users can use our Constant Contact coupon code to get an additional 20% off.
OptinMonster is a popular marketing and popup plugin for WordPress. It lets you create personalized newsletter opt-in forms, so you can grow your email list and convert more abandoning visitors into subscribers.
OptinMonster works with all major email marketing services and popular WordPress newsletter plugins.
- OptinMonster integrates with lots of different email marketing services, including popular ones like Constant Contact. It also integrates with plugins like Sendinblue and MailPoet.
- You can use OptinMonster’s signature Exit-Intent® technology to create popups that appear as a visitor’s about to leave your site. That way, you won’t interrupt their experience on your site.
- You get access to a huge template library of beautiful opt-in forms, subscription widgets, popups, sidebar forms, and more, to kickstart your list building.
- It’s easy to A/B test your sign-up forms to see what headlines, offers, and layouts lead to the best conversion rate.
- You can create segmentation rules to target specific pages on your site. OptinMonster also lets you personalize your newsletter forms based on user’s geolocation, past behavior on site, etc.
- All plans include full access to OptinMonster university training. This is a whole library of plans, checklists, ebooks, guides, webinars, and more to help you grow your email list faster.
- There’s a full money-back guarantee. If you don’t like the software for any reason, cancel within 14 days of purchasing, and you can get a full refund.
- OptinMonster doesn’t provide the actual mailing list software. You’ll need to join a separate service (such as Constant Contact, Drip, etc.) for this.
- There’s no free version of OptinMonster, and you can’t take a free trial. However, there is a full money-back guarantee.
OptinMonster premium plugin costs $9/month (billed annually). You can upgrade to unlock powerful features like geolocation, gamified opt-in forms, and more.
HubSpot is a complete all-in-one marketing platform that allows you to set up email newsletters on your WordPress website.
With HubSpot, you get a lot of advanced features including email marketing, CRM, sales tools, automated workflows, website builder, and much more.
Using the HubSpot email marketing feature, you can easily create professional-looking newsletters. It offers a drag and drop editor along with different templates and customization options.
- HubSpot offers an easy to use email editor with drag and drop functionality to create email newsletters in no time.
- It offers multiple templates, layouts, images, call-to-action (CTA) buttons, and other options to customize your newsletters.
- With HubSpot, you can schedule emails ahead of time. The email marketing tool also ensures high email deliverability, so your newsletters don’t end up in the spam folder.
- HubSpot CRM allows you to create personalized experience for each user. You can see where the email subscribers are in the buying stage and automatically serve the latest email subject line, link, CTA, and more.
- It makes it super easy to create drip campaigns, autoresponder, A/B test your email subject lines, and create landing pages.
- HutSpot seamlessly integrates with WordPress, WooCommerce, WPForms, and other premium marketing services.
- To access advanced addons like email automation or A/B testing, you’ll need to upgrade to the premium plan.
- You won’t be able to remove the HubSpot branding in the free version or get access to advanced reporting for your newsletters.
HubSpot Email Marketing is available for free and you get to send 2,000 emails per month. For more advanced features, you can upgrade to their premium plan, which starts from $45 per month.
Sendinblue is another email marketing service that we highly recommend. It’s easy to use and has a free plan, as well as a simple plugin that you can add to WordPress.
Along with email marketing, you can also use Sendinblue to send emails through your website. In fact, it’s our top recommendation for the best SMTP email service provider with high email deliverability.
- The Sendinblue WordPress plugin can be easily installed through your WordPress dashboard. Once you’ve created it, you simply activate it using the API key from your Sendinblue account.
- There’s a completely free plan, where you can send up to 300 emails per day to your newsletter list. You don’t have to enter any credit card details for this.
- The Sendinblue customer service team is helpful and responsive. You can contact them through email or live chat.
- If you’re using WooCommerce, you can use WP Mail SMTP plugin to connect Sendinblue’s SMTP and send your confirmation emails to buyers.
- Within Sendinblue, there’s a range of newsletter templates to choose from. All of them are responsive, which means they’ll look good on mobile devices.
- Sendinblue doesn’t have the range of templates that some other email service providers offer. It also doesn’t have such powerful segmentation and automation options.
- It can be a little fiddly to import your contacts if you’ve already created a mailing list somewhere else.
Sendinblue has a completely free plan that you can use for up to 300 emails/day. If you want more, their paid plans start at $25/month. That gives you 40,000 emails each month and no daily sending limits.
Omnisend is a powerful omni-channel marketing automation solution for eCommerce businesses. It’s also available as a WordPress newsletter plugin.
Creating professional email campaigns is super easy, thanks to the drag and drop email builder and pre-made responsive email templates.
Plus, Omnisend offers a generous free email marketing plan that includes advanced features like pre-built automations, subscriber segmentation, A/B testing, SMS, web push notifications, and more.
- You can easily connect Omnisend to your WooCommerce store using the Omnisend WordPress plugin.
- The free plan allows you to send up to 500 emails per month to up to 250 contacts. You can also send up to 60 SMS and up to 500 push notifications.
- The free plan includes access to all advanced features like unlimited subscriber segmentation, A/B testing, and performance reports, unlike other newsletter plugins.
- It comes with pre-built email workflows for product abandonment, cart abandonment, cross-selling, and more to drive sales on autopilot.
- It offers built-in signup forms, popups, and landing pages to get more email subscribers.
- All of Omnisend’s advanced features can be overwhelming if you’re looking for a simple email newsletter plugin.
- Omnisend’s setup and interface can be a bit confusing, especially if you’re new to email marketing.
Omnisend has a completely free plan that lets you send up to 500 emails/month. As your subscriber list grows, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan, which starts at $16/month.
6. FunnelKit Automations
FunnelKit Automations, formerly Autonami, is an all-in-one email automation platform for WordPress. It allows you to easily create broadcast and automated email campaigns right from your WordPress dashboard.
It comes with pre-built workflows for abandoned shopping cart emails, automated coupons, upsell emails, follow-ups, welcome emails, and more. Or, you can create your own workflows from scratch using the visual builder.
There’s also a built-in library of pre-made WooCommerce email templates and you can easily customize your WooCommerce emails using the drag and drop builder.
- There are no limits on the number of emails you can send or how many contacts you add.
- Integrates with popular email marketing services like Sendinblue, Mailgun, Amazon SES, and SendGrid, as well as SMTP plugins like WP Mail SMTP to improve email deliverability.
- Easily customize all of WooCommerce’s default emails to match your brand with the drag and drop email builder.
- Create email marketing automations from scratch with the visual builder. Or, import pre-made email automations with 1-click.
- Built-in CRM with 360° contacts view to learn more about your subscribers and keep track of their journey through your campaigns.
- The free version of FunnelKit Automations has everything you need to create autoresponders for your WooCommerce store.
- The free version of FunnelKit Automations comes with basic features.
- Offers fewer integrations with popular apps and tools, compared to other newsletter plugins.
FunnelKit Automations starts at $249.50/year, which includes unlimited emails, contacts, and automations. You’ll also get access to FunnelKit, formerly known as WooFunnels, which is the best sales funnel builder for WooCommerce. There’s also a free version of FunnelKit Automations that you can try out.
SeedProd is the best landing page builder for WordPress. It helps you create stunning landing pages to start an email newsletter and build an email list.
Dozens of professionally designed landing page templates are available to get you started, and they’re all completly customizable. The plugin offers a drag and drop page builder, which makes it effortless to create any type of page, including coming soon pages, sales pages, checkout pages, and much more.
SeedProd easily integrates with different email marketing services like Constant Contact, ConvertKit, Sendinblue, and more.
- SeedProd is beginner-friendly and offers a drag and drop landing page builder, which makes it super easy to create pages for collecting emails.
- It offers over 150 different pre-build landing page templates to get you started. You can also use a blank template to create a landing page from scratch.
- There multiple blocks to customize your email newsletter landing page. You can add an opt-in form, contact form, testimonials, countdown timer, social sharing options, and much more.
- SeedProd supports premium integrations including popular email marketing services and eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce.
- SeedProd offers a free version to help you get started. However, it has limited features, as you won’t get pro blocks for customization or premium integrations with email marketing services.
- You won’t be able to see your actual mail list in SeedProd. However, you can integrate the plugin with an email marketing tool like Constant Contact.
SeedProd prices start from $39.50 per year and you get 14 day money back guarantee. There is also a free version of SeedProd available to help you get started.
Bonus: Uncanny Automator
Uncanny Automator is the best WordPress automation plugin. It helps you create automated workflows and tasks without the need to edit code.
You can think of Uncanny Automator as Zapier for WordPress. The plugin allows different WordPress plugins and marketing tools to talk to each other.
With the help of Uncanny Automator, you can automated multiple tasks. For example, when a user submits a form using WPForms, they’re automatically added to the email list in ActiveCampaign.
Similarly, you can create more automation recipes like integrate Google Sheets with WooCommerce or add Zoom calls and webinars in WordPress.
- Uncanny Automator is very easy to use and helps you create powerful automated workflows.
- You’ll save time and make fewer errors with automations, and you can automate multiple tasks without writing code.
- The plugin supports over 70 different WordPress plugins and third-party apps.
- You get to choose from over 400 triggers and actions.
- Uncanny Automator offers a free version with many integrations. However, if you’re looking for integrations with Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Slack, Zoom, and other marketing tools, then you’ll need to upgrade to the premium version.
Uncanny Automator prices start from $149 per year and you get premium integrations, unlimited recipes, premium support, and more. You can try out the free version to setup newsletter automation.
Note: There are many other WordPress newsletter plugins we looked at, including ConvertKit, MailPoet, The Newsletter Plugin, Newsletter Glue, and more. But, we decided it wasn’t best to list them all in this article because we don’t want to cause choice paralysis.
When it comes to WordPress newsletter plugins, you almost always want to use a proper email marketing platform that offers full email delivery services like Constant Contact, Sendinblue, Drip, etc.
The challenge is that most of these platforms lack powerful signup form features, and that’s where WordPress newsletter plugins like OptinMonster and, to some extent, form builder plugins like WPForms can help.
These plugins let you connect your WordPress site with powerful email marketing services, so you get the best of both worlds.
Most professionals and power users DO NOT use a newsletter plugin inside WordPress to manage their email list because they don’t want the hassle of using an SMTP plugin and connecting it with an email delivery service.
Your email list is too important and valuable, and it’s best practice to let the expert email marketing companies handle that part for your business. Even at WPBeginner and our software businesses, we use third-party email marketing companies even though we have all the technical know-how.
We hope this article helped you learn about the best WordPress newsletter plugins for creating and building your email list. You might also enjoy our tried and tested ways to grow your email list faster, and our list of the must have WordPress plugins for all business sites.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
Informative and helpful post. I am a newbie blogger and hopefully some of these plugins can satisfy my needs.
Thank you for sharing this post.
WPBeginner Support says
Glad you found our article helpful
Atul Kumar Dhuriya says
Great content as always.
Keep it up.
I have a question for you guys.
How you use the images of plugin logos in your blog? Do you take permission from owners. I want to use images of plugin logos but I don’t know how to use them because they must be copyrighted.
Any reply will be highly appreciated.
WPBeginner Support says
It depends on the specific plugin, some plugins have a media kit that you can view while others you would need to reach out to the author if they do not have something like that available.