This past week we attended WordCamp NYC. Out of many useful sessions, one was about WordPress Security. Many of the security tips were taken from our security article, but there was a very good plugin that they shared in the presentation which everyone should know about. This plugin is called WordPress File Monitor. It monitors your WordPress installation for added/deleted/changed files. When a change is detected an email alert can be sent to a specified address.
- Monitors file system for added/deleted/changed files
- Sends email when a change is detected
- Multiple email formats for alerts
- Administration area alert to notify you of changes in case email is not received
- Ability to monitor files for changes based on file hash or timestamp
- Ability to exclude directories from scan (for instance if you use a cacheing system that stores its files within the monitored zone)
- Site URL included in notification email in case plugin is in use on multiple site