Are you looking for a tool to track and manage your affiliates?
Affiliate marketing is a proven way to increase awareness about your business and products. This is why most large businesses like Amazon, eBay, and Hilton have made it an integral part of their marketing strategy.
In this article, we will compare the best affiliate tracking and management software for WordPress and highlight their pros and cons.
Why Add an Affiliate Program to Your Business?
Affiliate marketing allows you to instantly build a sales army to reach more potential customers.
The best part about it is that you only pay affiliates when they make a sale. It’s a great way to make more money online and grow your revenue.
Managing that affiliate team on your own can be a lot of work, however. You need to keep track of each affiliate and the sales they make, and then pay their commission on a regular basis after they start making sales.
Luckily, using the right affiliate management software will make it easy.
If you’re thinking of adding an affiliate program to your online store, then you’re in the right place.
Let’s take a look at the best affiliate management solutions for WordPress.
ShareASale is one of the most popular affiliate networks on the web. It’s easy to get started, and also offers access to its vast network of affiliate marketers.
They have been in business for over 20 years, and have over 225,000 affiliates in their network.
In our experience as a merchant, ShareASale has been great to work with. Given the amount of time it saves us by automatically paying out affiliates and tracking affiliate sales properly, it’s worth the one-time setup fee.
- The software is hosted on ShareASale server so you don’t need to worry about managing or updating it.
- ShareASale takes care of tracking and sending payments to each affiliate which is a big time saver
- You get access to the large network of affiliate marketers on ShareASale.
- No monthly recurring fee, and you only pay a small percentage when an affiliate makes a sale.
- Some other features of ShareASale are real time tracking, segmentation of top performers, connecting multiple sites into one account.
- Terrible User Interface – You do get used to it, but at first sight it’s not pretty.
- There is a one-time setup fee of $550
- $35 monthly transaction fee and new merchants are given a 30 day grace period. We have never had issue meeting this after the grace period.
AffiliateWP is an affiliate tracking and management software that is actually built as a WordPress plugin.
It is developed by Pippin Williamson and Andrew Munro, the folks behind Easy Digital Downloads. It beats other solutions in terms of cost-effectiveness and the control it offers over your affiliate program.
AffiliateWP is a reliable system in the market and is being used by other WordPress plugin developers to sell their products. This is a great solution for those who’re looking to build a small group of hand-picked affiliates.
The best part about AffiliateWP is that you get a 30 days money-back guarantee. That’s a lot of time to try the plugin and see if it meets your needs.
- One-time purchase entitles you for a year of support and updates. License plans start from $149.
- You run your own affiliate program on your own site and build your own network.
- Complete integration with Easy Digital Downloads, WooCommerce, iThemes Exchange, and other popular WordPress eCommerce plugins.
- Real time reporting for you and your affiliates.
- See your top-performing affiliates and build lasting partnerships without paying hefty fees.
- You get a 30 day money back guarantee.
- You manage everything including plugin updates, ensure tracking is done properly, etc.
- The plugin doesn’t offer a feature to track affiliate fraud.
- You don’t have access to an existing network of affiliates, which means you will have to bring affiliates to sign up for your program.
Easy Affiliate, formerly known as Affiliate Royale, is one of the best affiliate marketing plugins for WordPress. The software is easy to use and offers lots of features to track and manage your affiliates.
It offers an all-in-one solution to create a self-hosted affiliate program. Right from your WordPress dashboard, you can easily manage affiliates and get real-time reports to track their performance.
- Easy Affiliate is super simple to use and you can create an affiliate program in just a few clicks.
- With its affiliate dashboard, you can manage and monitor different affiliates, edit their accounts, download their links and banners, and view payment history.
- The software offers detailed reports to track the performance of your affiliates and even lets you set up different commission levels along with commission tracking for each user.
- You can also secure your payments through the fraud detection feature and flag suspicious affiliate behavior before you pay your partners.
- Easy Affiliate lets you create custom affiliate tracking links and also supports Pretty Links so your URLs are short, clean, and memorable.
- Seamless integration with eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads, payment services like PayPal, and email marketing tools such as ConvertKit.
- Easy Affiliate doesn’t offer a free trial to test the software before making a purchase.
- There isn’t a network of affiliates you can use to grow your business instantly. You’ll have to reach out to people to join your affiliate program, which can be time-consuming.
Impact offers an affiliate marketing solution where you pay only for the affiliates you work with and not the network fees.
This significantly reduces the cost as you pay only for the platform and the number of affiliates you work with.
Impact lets you track customer interactions across different devices. Its cross-device tracking feature gives you a detailed picture of your customer journey and the devices your affiliates and customers are using.
The software also has tracking options that help you accurately measure your affiliate campaigns. There is also fraud protection, so you can easily identify suspicious affiliates before payout.
- Provides better analytics and insights into your marketing campaign.
- You see exactly who is bringing you more sales and develop strategic partnerships accordingly.
- Great user-interface
- Other features include mobile tracking, SEO-friendly URLs, coupon tracking, integration with Salesforce and other CRM platforms.
- Fraud protection helps you securely payout affiliates.
- Monthly recurring fee, but you don’t pay the network fee for each affiliate that you bring which can be a perk for larger programs
- A smaller network of affiliate marketers.
Which Software Should You Choose?
You need to choose a solution based on your own budget and requirements. If you can pay the one-time setup fee, then ShareASale is the way to go.
You will be joining a network of thousands of affiliate marketers, which will make it easier for you to get started.
We hope this article helped you find the best affiliate tracking software for your WordPress site. You may also want to look at our guides on the best WooCommerce plugins and how to start your own podcast.