GoDaddy is a famous web hosting company and the world’s biggest domain registrar. They offer a huge variety of hosting plans for individuals and businesses of every size. See our expert GoDaddy review to decide if it’s the right choice for you. Click to Read More »
GoDaddy is one of the biggest names in web hosting and domain registration.
GoDaddy was founded in 1997 as Jomax Technologies. They started offering hosting in 1998, and changed their name to GoDaddy in 1999.
In 2000, GoDaddy became ICANN accredited and began registering domains. Today they are the world’s largest domain name registrar, managing over 63 million domain names. They have over 14 million customers and have won numerous awards for their workplace, sales, and customer service.
GoDaddy Hosting Plans
GoDaddy is known for their wide range of services for customers of every size. They provide all the tools and features you need to create any kind of website, whether you’re a beginner blogger or large company. They offer both Linux and Windows shared hosting, WordPress managed hosting, VIP hosting, dedicated servers, even scalable cloud hosting for developers.
GoDaddy’s shared hosting plans are available in three levels: Economy, Deluxe, and Ultimate. They all include 1 free domain registration and unlimited bandwidth.
Economy is a very affordable, basic plan that’s perfect for building your first website. If you need to host more than one website, you can easily upgrade to the Deluxe or Ultimate plans. They include unlimited websites and unlimited storage. The Ultimate plan is ideal for eCommerce sites, since it includes an SSL certificate and twice the processing power and memory.
GoDaddy’s managed WordPress hosting plans have three tiers: Basic, Deluxe, Ultimate, and Developer. All plans are built on shared hosting servers optimized for WordPress. They differ based on the number of websites you can host, the amount of storage you need, and the number of monthly visitors your site gets. The higher tier plans include bonus features such as 1-click staging and malware scanning and removal.
All WordPress hosting plans include:
- 1 free domain registration
- automatic WordPress core updates
- free daily backups and 1-click restore
In our GoDaddy review, we found that they have all the features you need to build a successful website, whether you’re a beginner or advanced user. We were impressed with the more advanced features they offer, such as WordPress staging, at a reasonable cost.
Support and Customer Service
GoDaddy provides customer support 24/7 via phone, live chat, and email. They also maintain an extensive support center on their website with plenty of tutorials and videos to help you set up your website.
There is also a Community support site with forums where you can post for help. The forum moderators are quick to respond to new posts.
Money Back Guarantee
GoDaddy offers a 30 day money back guarantee for annual plans. You can cancel your account within 30 days of signing up and get a full refund of all hosting fees.
If you purchase a monthly plan, you can cancel within the first 48 hours and get a full refund.
Pros and Cons
GoDaddy is a very popular web hosting company, but it may not be right for everyone. Consider these pros and cons before you choose one of their hosting plans.
- WordPress Optimized Hosting – GoDaddy’s managed WordPress hosting plans are run on servers optimized just for WordPress for faster and more secure hosting.
- Affordable – GoDaddy has very reasonable prices for all the features they offer.
- 24/7 Support – No matter when you need help, GoDaddy support is available any time of day or night.
- Monthly Billing Option – For those who prefer to pay month to month, there is a monthly billing option. However, you get a bigger discount if you pay for at least a year in advance.
- Addons – GoDaddy offers a huge variety of services. During the checkout process, many of these tools and features will be offered to you as addons. These are completely optional. But some users may find all the upsell offers to be too aggressive.
- Controversial Ads – GoDaddy has come under fire several times over the years due to their controversial advertising. While this does not affect their hosting services, some users have moved away from GoDaddy in protest of their ads.
Is GoDaddy Right for You?
Now that you have read through our entire GoDaddy review, you might be wondering whether GoDaddy is the right web host for you.
After reviewing GoDaddy services in detail, we are awarding them with the title “Top 10 WordPress Hosting.”
GoDaddy makes it easy for anyone to create a WordPress website, no matter your skill level. Thanks to their automatic updates and WordPress optimized servers, you can less time worrying about technical details. As your site grows, they have plenty of options to upgrade. And their customer support is available 24/7 if you ever need help.
Ready to get started with GoDaddy? Click here to select your GoDaddy plan today.
WPBeginner users get managed WordPress hosting at the incredible price of $1.00 per month with our GoDaddy coupon code.
All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount will be auto-applied.