Are you looking for the best website maintenance services for WordPress?
Website maintenance services manage your WordPress site for you. This includes taking care of backups, updates, security, and website edits.
In this article, we will share some of the best website maintenance services you can use for your WordPress site.
Why Use a WordPress Website Maintenance Service?
If you run a self-hosted WordPress.org website, you are responsible for installing WordPress core updates, plugin and theme updates, and keeping website backups.
You may feel that these tasks are taking too much of your time, which you would rather spend on growing your business.
This is where website maintenance services come in. A good website maintenance service should provide the following services:
The service should keep regular WordPress backups of your site, often more than once a day. This means that if something does go wrong, your site can be restored instantly.
Expert WordPress Support
As a beginner, you may need help now and then to fix common WordPress errors.
Expert WordPress support from your website maintenance service means you won’t need to spend time working through WordPress tutorials.
It’s important to note that in some cases, support is charged as an additional service. It’s not always part of the basic website maintenance package.
Your website maintenance service will keep your site safe and secure by running automated scans. Most companies can help you quickly deal with any problems like malware or hacking attempts.
Note: Many website maintenance services may charge extra for malware removal services. We recommend using Sucuri, which is the best WordPress firewall plugin, and they offer free malware removal service with all their paid plans.
Timely WordPress Updates
Your website maintenance service will save you time by keeping everything up to date for you. If you do choose to update your plugins yourself, make sure you follow our step-by-step instructions on how to properly update WordPress plugins.
With all this in mind, here are our top picks for the best WordPress website maintenance services:
Seahawk is a global WordPress services provider that offers revolutionary pricing. Their WordPress maintenance services package, called SeaCare, offers uptime monitoring, cloud backups, emergency support, theme and plugin updates, and more.
You’ll get a dedicated account manager that will assist you with any issues or concerns. With this consistent relationship, your account manager can better understand your business needs and help ensure your website is running smoothly.
- Seahawk monitors your website 24/7 and makes immediate updates when they’re required.
- They offer 24/7 expert WordPress support and ensure prompt responses to your emails and messages.
- The maintenance package is straightforward with simple, transparent pricing. You don’t need to choose from different plans, you simply pay monthly or annually.
- Seahawk comes with complete malware removal, while many other website maintenance providers charge premium rates for this service.
- If you host client websites, Seahawk provides white-label WordPress support with limitless edits. This allows you to use Seahawk’s services and brand them as your own.
- Seahawk offers additional services such as WordPress website design, WooCommerce development, managed SEO, and more.
- If your support plan is for a specific website, it cannot be transferred to another website. You’d have to cancel your plan and sign up for a new one.
- You can only get the performance optimization service done once per year with the SeaCare Annual plan.
The SeaCare Monthly plan costs $99/month and the SeaCare Annual plan is $999/year. They also offer a 30-day free trial so that you can test out the service.
Editor’s Note: WPBeginner founder Syed Balkhi is an investor in Seahawk Media. We made this investment because we believe they offer great WordPress services at revolutionary prices.
WP Buffs is a well-known WordPress website maintenance service that provides cloud backups, emergency support, weekly website updates, speed optimization, unlimited website edits, and more.
They have plans suitable for the average website owner as well as perform plans for eCommerce stores, membership sites, and more complex websites.
- You’ll get a nicely formatted .pdf report each week from WP Buffs to let you know exactly what they’ve been doing on your site. For instance, you’ll see a list of which plugins have been updated and when.
- They offer maintenance for complex online stores (eCommerce), though you’ll need their highest plan for this.
- WP Buffs monitors your site constantly throughout the day. If your site goes down, they’ll act within 60 seconds to start fixing it.
- Support is available 24/7, as WP Buffs has team members worldwide.
- WP Buffs offers a white-label service. This is useful if you host WordPress websites for clients. You can use WP Buff’s services for your clients as if WP Buffs were part of your team.
- Malware removal is only included if you’re on the most expensive of their three plans.
- WP Buffs only updates plugins weekly, not daily. This means they have time to test new plugin updates, though.
Their lowest plan starts at $79/month. You’ll need to pay $219/month if you want priority support, malware removal, speed optimization, and other extras. There is a discount if you choose to pay annually.
Codeable is a platform where you can hire WordPress experts. If you want a bespoke maintenance package, this could be a great way to find someone who can help.
For instance, you might want a developer to help you to make your site fast and secure.
Unlike other platforms like Upwork, Codeable actually has a strong vetting process that ensures that you only work with the most experienced WordPress developers.
- Codeable carefully vets the developers they work with. This ensures that you’ll be working with someone with plenty of experience.
- You can specify exactly what you want. Most dedicated website maintenance services require you to pick from specific plans.
- You could use Codeable for one-off support. For instance, you may need someone to help set up a WordPress membership website. After that, you’ll be comfortable taking care of the site independently.
- Codeable has a support team that can help you through the process of using their platform to find and work with a developer. Note that they don’t provide actual WordPress support themselves.
- You’ll need to come up with a clear idea of what you require. You’ll likely need to answer questions from developers about your project, too. If you’re new to WordPress, it can be tough to know exactly what help you need.
- You won’t know how much your project will cost until you start receiving estimates, usually around a day after posting it.
- You’ll need to pay an additional 17.5% (based on the estimated cost of your project) to Codeable. This fee isn’t refundable, even if the developer doesn’t complete your project in a satisfactory way.
Codeable will give you a single estimate rather than a list of bids. This is to avoid a “race to the bottom” where developers try to undercut one another, and you end up with someone cheap but not necessarily skilled.
Their pricing is based on an $80 – $120 hourly rate plus a 17.5% fixed service fee that goes to Codeable.
GoWP is targeted at agencies and freelancers who provide WordPress services for their clients. They offer white-label support. This means that you can use your own branding with the team doing the maintenance work.
- The basic maintenance plan is $39/month per site. This includes backups and updates, as you’d expect, but also malware cleanup.
- The “maintenance + unlimited content edits” plan is $99/month. This covers 24/7 support plus all sorts of small tasks (up to 30 minutes each), like tweaking CSS, installing new plugins, and more.
- Their “Visual Validator” software checks your site after installing plugins by taking snapshots of up to 20 pages of your site to compare with previous versions. If anything’s changed, the GoWP team will get an alert so they can check your site.
- You can use GoWP for your own site as well as for clients’ sites.
- The team is available around the clock and aims to get all tasks done within 8 hours at most.
- You’ll need to pay separately if you want tasks that take more than 30 minutes.
- GoWP is aimed at WordPress freelancers and agencies. You may find a bit of a learning curve if you’re just an individual wanting to use it on one site.
GoWP costs $39/month for the basic maintenance plan or $99/month for maintenance, plus unlimited edits to content, CSS, and more.
If you have complex tasks that will take more than 30 minutes each, you’ll need to pay for one-off tasks to cover these.
They also offer the ability for you to get a dedicated developer for your team at $1299/month.
Maintainn offers various plans for keeping your site secure and up to date. All plans include the weekly plugin, theme, and WordPress updates. There’s also 24/7 security monitoring, so you’ll get an alert if your site is hacked.
At the “Professional” or higher price plan levels, Maintainn provides services like uptime monitoring and eCommerce support.
- The “Professional” plan includes free malware cleaning after a hack.
- Maintainn’s plans come in cheaper than some of the other services we’ve looked at.
- There’s live chat support available for all plans, as well as email support.
- You’ll get a weekly report that lets you know what Maintainn’s been doing on your site.
- Maintainn also has options for design and development services and for website hosting. If you want one company to take care of everything website-related for you, this could work well.
- Live chat is only available Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 8 pm EST. This might be frustrating if you normally work on your site on the weekends.
- You’ll need the “Professional” plan or higher if you want malware removal to be included for free.
Maintainn’s Standard plan is $49/month. If you’ve got an eCommerce site, you’ll need to opt for at least their “Professional” plan, at $149/month.
Their most expensive regular plan is Enterprise, at $249/month. This adds to things like version control and a staging site. This makes it ideal for larger websites that might have several different people working on them.
Valet offers maintenances plans that include everything you’d expect. Backups, WordPress core updates, plugin updates, and so on are all covered. They test all updates on a staging site before making them live on your site.
- The maintenance plan is clearly and simply priced at $89/month. There aren’t several plans to choose from, and you just pay monthly.
- You can add extra WordPress support if you want it. This is paid by the hour and can cover any WordPress jobs.
- The maintenance plan covers some things other providers charge quite a bit more. For instance, it offers uptime monitoring and support for eCommerce sites.
- You can add extra WordPress support if you want it. This is paid by the hour and can cover any WordPress jobs.
- There’s not much information on the site before signing up. There are no FAQs, for instance. This means it’s not clear how some things work. The maintenance plan promises “regular reporting”, but it isn’t clear what this means.
- The pricing could be more transparent. When you’re offered the option of “Consultation & Support Hours” for a pre-purchase discount, it’s unclear how much these will cost.
- The maintenance plan doesn’t provide any support. If you’ve got questions, you’ll need to pay an hourly fee.
The maintenance plan itself is $89/month. You can purchase dedicated time by the hour for professional support, though this isn’t cheap. You have to pay $875/month for 5 hours/day or $1750/month for 10 hours/day.
WP Maintainer offers a straightforward maintenance plan for WordPress sites. There’s also the option to pay for extra support and development time if you want it.
- WP Maintainer offers a free scan of your website. You’ll need to enter your email address to receive this, but there’s no obligation to buy anything.
- There’s a single maintenance plan priced at $99/month. You don’t need to decide between different plans.
- The maintenance plan includes site cleanup if your site does get infected by malware.
- You can choose to add developer support for $99/hour. This can be used for most things you’d want to do with your website, though you can’t use it for a full site redesign.
- Updates take place frequently, soon after new versions of plugins, themes, or WordPress itself are released.
- If you want a new web host, WP Maintainer can move you to one of their approved hosts for free when you’re getting set up with their maintenance plan.
- Support isn’t included. If you have questions or want help installing a new plugin or fixing a problem on your site, you’ll need to pay for this.
- There’s no indication on the site about whether you’ll be able to get your money back if you’re not happy.
The maintenance plan costs $99/month. You can purchase support and maintenance time at $99/hour.
We hope this article helped you find the best website maintenance services for your WordPress site. You may also want to look at our guide on important WordPress maintenance tasks to perform regularly and our comparison of the best business phone services for remote teams.