Scala Hosting is a popular cloud-based VPS hosting company. They offer managed VPS hosting, managed WordPress hosting, app hosting, and reseller hosting plans. You should follow our complete Scala Hosting review to find if Scala Hosting is the right VPS hosting provider for your website.Click to Read More »
In this detailed Scala Hosting review, we will put their claims and promises through our testing process.
Following are the areas we will look into:
- Reliability: Will your website be available 24/7/365 without any downtime?
- Performance: How fast will your website load on the Scala Hosting VPS server? We will run our performance tests to analyze this.
- Customer Support: Can you count on their customer support? Will you be able to get help when needed easily?
- Features: Do their features help you easily create and manage your website?
- Pricing: Do they offer the best pricing in the industry? Are there any Scala Hosting deals that can save you money?
If you don’t want to go through all the details, then the following is a quick summary of our Scala Hosting review score with our conclusion below it.
|Scala Hosting Review Summary|
|Average load time||1.04 s|
|Average response time||120.4 ms|
|Support||Live Chat / Knowledge base|
|Start with Scala Hosting|
Bottom line: Want to skip the details? To summarize, we found Scala Hosting to be a reliable cloud VPS hosting service. Their live customer support has a quick response time.
That’s why we’ve added Scala Hosting as one of the best WordPress VPS hosting companies.
Let’s jump to the more detail-oriented parts of our Scala Hosting review. This will help you determine if Scala Hosting is right for your website.
About Scala Hosting
Founded in 2007, Scala Hosting quickly became the leader in the cloud VPS industry.
They focused on building VPS (Virtual Private Server) cloud hosting a secure space for beginners, startups, small businesses, and large enterprises.
Scala Hosting has a dedicated team to improve server and website security. They built SSheild to add a security layer and protect their cloud VPS hosting resources.
With automated daily backups on the remote servers, you can restore your website with a single click.
It also has a 1-click app installer (Softaculous) for WordPress, Joomla, PrestaShop, and other popular website builders.
Scala Hosting Pros and Cons
Most web hosting providers offer a standard set of features. This makes it difficult for beginners to select the best WordPress hosting for their website.
Scala Hosting is a major cloud VPS hosting company with built-in powerful services. Like any hosting solution, they also have pros and cons.
- Speed Optimization: Their VPS hosting servers come with faster NVMe SSD storage which gives your website a performance boost.
- Scalability: You can upgrade or downgrade your VPS hosting plan or other Scala Hosting services with a single click.
- Security: Scala Hosting has SShield, an AI-powered cybersecurity service, to prevent 99.98% of attacks and hacking attempts. It also sends alerts to you for any malicious activity on your WordPress site.
- Freebies: With each cloud VPS hosting plan, you get a free domain name, free SSL certificate, free website migration, and the user-friendly SPanel control panel (an alternative to cPanel).
- Customer Support: Scala Hosting has an excellent customer support team that ensures customer satisfaction. Their live chat response time is 30 seconds, which is helpful to tackle urgent issues.
- High Renewal Fees: Scala Hosting offers up to a 63% discount on their VPS and other web hosting plans. But you’ll need to pay the original cost when it comes to renewal. You’ll also need to pay for the domain name and other services from the second year, so the renewal fees are higher.
- Fewer Server Locations: There are only three native server locations and no data centers in the Asian or Australian region. However, Scala Hosting integrates with DigitalOcean and Amazon Web Services (AWS hosting), having over a dozen servers globally.
Scala Hosting Speed Test Results
Scala Hosting NVMe SSD cloud servers with built-in performance and speed optimization.
For our detailed Scala Hosting review, we created a test site to find out how fast Scala Hosting is.
Our test site was powered by WordPress using the default theme. We also imported dummy content for theme development, including images.
After that, we used the Pingdom website speed testing tool to run the tests. Here are the results:
As you can see, our test site loaded in less than half a second, which is a good result.
Now, this is an entirely fresh website with no traffic. So, it’s not the best way to judge the website’s performance.
We wanted to send traffic to our test site for a better speed test result and see how it performs.
We used a stress testing tool called K6 by Grafana Labs. We used it to send virtual users to our website and increased users by up to 50 with several requests per second.
You can see the result in the chart below:
The purple line in the chart shows request rates, the light blue line shows response time, and the gray line is for virtual users.
As you can see, our test site performed well throughout the test, with an average response time of 457 milliseconds.
The test results are particularly good for a managed cloud VPS hosting account.
Scala Hosting Uptime Test
As you can see, during the stress test, not a single page request resulted in HTTP failure.
After running the uptime test for a few days, we noticed that there was no downtime on our test site at all.
Scala Hosting Server Response Time
The content of your website significantly affects the page load time. For example, if your website has many images, it will increase the page load time.
This affects your server’s speed test results. We wanted to see how fast the Scala Hosting VPS server responds.
To test this, we used a tool called Bitcatcha.
It works differently than other website speed testing tools. Instead of loading the content, it only tests the server’s response time.
Here is how Scala Hosting performed in these tests:
Our Scala Hosting test site performed really well. The server response time remained less than half a second. It was particularly great in the US and Canada.
Overall, this server response time result indicates that your site will load quickly worldwide.
Scala Hosting Pricing Plans
Scala Hosting offers a variety of plans for beginners, developers, small businesses, and agencies.
The pricing plans differ for managed cloud VPS hosting, self-managed cloud VPS, simple web hosting, and WordPress hosting.
Here are the Scala Hosting Managed Cloud hosting packages and their features:
- Start – This plan costs $29.95 per month (when paid for three years). It includes 50GB SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth.
- Advanced – The second-tier plan starts at $63.95 per month (when paid for three years). Here, you get 80GB SSD and unmetered bandwidth.
- Business – A more top-notch plan that costs $121.95 per month (when paid for three years). This includes 160GB SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth.
- Enterprise – The top-tier plan costs $179.95 monthly (when paid for three years). It has 320GB SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth, good enough for an enterprise-level business.
You can host unlimited websites with any managed cloud VPS hosting plan. And each plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Scala Hosting also integrates with Amazon Web Services and DigitalOcean. If you choose a VPS hosting plan for these services, pricing plans start at $41.95 per month.
Apart from the cloud hosting plans, Scala Hosting also offers shared WordPress hosting plans as well.
However, compared to top shared WordPress hosting companies, Scala Hosting’s shared plans come with fixed storage limits.
Here are the details of the shared plans:
- WP Mini – Starts at $2.95 /mo. 1 Website and fixed 10 GB storage. This plan does not include a free domain name.
- WP Start – Starts at 5.95 /mo and offers 50GB storage.
- WP Advanced – Starts at $9.95 /mo, offering 100GB storage.
- Entry Cloud – Starts at $14.95 /mo. This is a VPS cloud hosting plan with guaranteed CPU and RAM.
WPBeginner users get an exclusive up to 63% discount on all Scala Hosting plans and services. You should check out the Scala Hosting coupon code for more details.
Scala Hosting Customer Support
Scala Hosting offers the best 24/7 live chat support. You can reach out to them anytime from their website or your VPS hosting dashboard.
The support team includes technical support, sales, and billing experts.
Scala Hosting’s customer support team ensures customer satisfaction, and they’re available at every step to guide you with purchasing and setting up your site.
They claim to respond on live chat within 30 seconds to every customer. Also, their support ticket response time is 15 minutes for every ticket.
Conclusion: Is Scala Hosting the Best Cloud VPS Hosting Provider?
Scala Hosting has over 700,000 websites hosted on their VPS cloud servers. The company is focused primarily on offering the best-managed cloud VPS services on the market.
If you’re looking for a VPS hosting plan, then Scala Hosting is the right choice for your website.
With award-winning customer support and regular backups, Scala Hosting has everything you need to make a website and grow your business.
Ready to get your online business up and running? Check out Scala Hosting’s managed cloud VPS hosting now!