Rocket.net is a specialized managed WordPress hosting company offering a fast and reliable platform to build your website. Packed with an easier control panel, built-in security, and cutting-edge WordPress optimization, Rocket.net will give your website an instant performance boost. If you are looking for a premium service, ease of use, and great customer support, then Rocket.net can be an excellent choice for your business.
Rocket.net Review from Our Experts
Rocket.net is a managed WordPress hosting company offering super-fast and fully managed WordPress hosting solutions. With their edge cloud infrastructure, they are able to offer an incredibly fast platform. They have hand-crafted a beautiful and easy-to-use dashboard to manage all your websites. Their hosting plans also include security, CDN, backups, and automated updates. If you want to focus on growing your business rather than managing technical stuff, then Rocket.net’s managed WordPress hosting can be a good fit for you.
In this complete Rocket.net hosting review, we will put their promises to test. Using our rigorous tests and analysis, we’ll review their offering under the following areas:
- Speed & Performance: How fast Rocket.net hosting is and how do they handle sudden traffic spikes.
- Reliability: Will your website be available 24/7/365 without any downtime?
- Customer Support: Can you get instant help when you need it?
- Features: Do they offer enough features to justify their premium pricing tag?
- Pricing: Their pricing plans and can you save some money using any deals?
It is a detailed Rocket.net hosting review and quite lengthy and sometimes technical. If you don’t want to read all that, then here is a quick summary of our scores with the conclusion below it.
|OnRocket Review Summary|
|Average load time||588 ms|
|Average response time||2.9 ms|
|Support||Phone / Live Chat / Knowledge base|
|Start with OnRocket|
Bottom line: We found Rocket.net to be a faster and reliable managed WordPress hosting company. If you are looking for a VIP WordPress hosting plan so you can focus on your business, then Rocket.net can be a great fit for you.
That being said, let’s dive into our detailed review of Rocket.net hosting and how it stacks up.
Rocket.net is a privately owned company, founded in 2020 by Ben Gabler and Aaron Dewell Phillips. Both have worked in the hosting industry for years and have extensive experience.
The company focuses on ‘Product First’ approach that pays attention to details in improving the customer experience. They love WordPress and optimizing customer experience with WordPress is one of their core promises.
Pros and Cons of Rocket.net
Every hosting company has some pros and cons that you may want to consider before signing up for an account. Some of these disadvantages can be a deal beaker for your business and some you can live with and find a workaround.
Following are the few pros and cons of choosing Rocket.net managed WordPress hosting for your website.
Pros of choosing Rocket.net managed WordPress hosting
- Speed: Their servers are highly optimized for WordPress speed and performance. Your website will certainly load faster for all users regardless of their geographic location.
- Ease of use: They have a very easy to use to control panel that is suitable for advanced as well as beginner users.
- Security: As a managed WordPress hosting company they take care of updates, tighten security using a website firewall, malware protection, and keep regular backups.
Cons of using Rocket.net managed WordPress hosting
- Knowledgebase – Currently there are fewer self-help resources like knowledge base articles, how-to guides, videos, and more. However, they do have 24/7 support available via live chat and phone.
- If you choose to pay month to month then it gets quite expensive. They do offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee, if you pay the annual fees and don’t like their service then you can cancel and get a full refund during that time.
Rocket.net Performance Tests
All hosting companies make the same claims about faster servers, better service, and great experience.
We decided to put the Rocket.net’s claims to our own rigorous testing to see how they perform under our testing criteria.
To do that, we signed up for a hosting account and installed a WordPress site. After that, we filled that site up with dummy data for theme testing including the images using the default Twenty Twenty theme.
We then ran our performance tests on that testing site.
Rocket.net Speed Test Results
We started with the simple speed test using the Pingdom speed test tool. Here are our test results:
As you can see our website loaded in less than half a second (588 ms to be precise).
Rocket.net Stress Test Results
The speed test on a new site is often faster because the site has no traffic at all. We wanted to see how would Rocket.net hold up under traffic spikes.
For this test, we used a tool called K6 (formerly LoadImpact). We gradually sent 100 virtual users in 5 minutes sending multiple page requests.
Here is a screenshot of our test result:
The green line represents number of virtual users and the blue line represents the response time. As you can see that our test site responded pretty much the same regardless of the number of users and the page request rates.
This is incredible, considering that we didn’t apply any speed optimization techniques on the site.
Rocket.net Response Rate Tests
Rocket.net uses CDN and a cloud edge network, which means it sends users to the nearest server for a faster response time.
The response time or the time-to-first-byte makes a huge difference in how fast your website loads and feels to the users.
We used a tool called Bitcatcha to see the response times for Rocket.net. Here is a screenshot of our test result.
This is incredible. Our test site responded in merely a couple of milliseconds for all locations.
Rocket.net Uptime Monitoring
We also set up uptime monitoring on our test site and it didn’t record any downtime during our testing period.
Rocket.net Hosting Plans and Features
Rocket.net is a specialized managed WordPress hosting company. They offer managed WordPress hosting solutions for all types of websites including personal websites, blogs, business websites, eCommerce, and more.
All of their managed WordPress plans include the following features:
- Highly optimized WordPress hosting for better performance and speed. Using a cloud edge network, global CDN, Brotli compression, and other cutting-edge technologies for faster performance.
- Enhanced security with built-in website firewall, malware protection and patching, brute force and DDoS attack protection, and more.
- 1-click WordPress installer, simple 1-click staging websites, daily automated as well as manual backups, all done from a simple mission control center.
All plans include 24/7 support, free SSL, SSH access, Git integration, and more.
Rocket.net Pricing Plans
Rocket.net offers 4 levels of managed WordPress hosting plans.
- Starter – $25 per month (billed annually) with 1 WordPress install and 25.000 visits
- Pro – $50 per month (billed annually) up to 3 WordPress installs and 100,000 visits
- Business – $83 per month (billed annually) up to 10 WordPress installs and 250,000 visits
- Agency – $166 per month (billed annually) with 25 WordPress installs and 500,000 visits
All plans come with a 30-day moneyback guarantee, which means you can get a full refund during this period if you are unhappy with the service or simply don’t want to continue.
Rocket.net Support & Customer Services
Not all WordPress users know the technical stuff behind the scenes. Even advanced users may need help now and then. You would want to choose a hosting company with better customer support in your time of need.
Rocket.net offers 24/7 support via live chat, phone, and email. As a managed WordPress hosting company they have support staff that knows WordPress inside out and are eager to help.
Support response times are great and tickets are resolved fairly quickly.
There is a knowledge-base section for users who want to fix things on their own. However, at the time of writing this review, it was under development and hopefully will have more self-help guides available in the coming days.
Conclusion: Is Rocket.net Managed WordPress Hosting Right for you
If you are looking for a faster website with an easy to use control panel, then Rocket.net is a great managed WordPress hosting option for you.
Their servers are fast and highly optimized for WordPress websites. You also get peace of mind with enhanced security, automatic updates, and knowledgable support.
This is why we recommend Rocket.net as one of our best choices for a managed WordPress hosting provider.
WPBeginner users get an exclusive discount on Rocket.net plans. Simply click our link to purchase the plan.