Started in 1998, iPage powers over 1 million websites, and it is a well-known brand in WordPress hosting. With 24/7 support, 99.9% uptime, and 1-click WordPress install, iPage is a perfect place to start for beginners. You get a free drag and drop builder, free security suite, and everything else you need to build a successful website. On top of that, they are offering WPBeginner users an exclusive 83% off discount and a free domain. This makes iPage the most price competitive web hosting provider in our list.
iPage Review from Our Experts
iPage makes web hosting easy for budget-conscious website owners. Their simplified WordPress hosting plans are packed with plenty of features to grow your website. See our expert iPage review to decide if iPage is the right choice for you.
Founded in 1998, iPage is one of the oldest and most well-known hosting companies. The company was founded by Thomas Gorny and is now headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. Today, they power over 1 million websites.
iPage Hosting Plans
Shopping for the perfect web hosting plan can be time consuming and complicated when hosts offer a huge range of different plans. iPage simplifies the process by offering just one featured-packed shared hosting plan, and two levels of WordPress optimized hosting. They also offer VPS and dedicated server hosting for when you need to upgrade.
Their Essential shared hosting plan includes unlimited disk space and bandwidth. You can host an unlimited number of websites as well.
The Essential plan also includes:
- one free domain registration
- 1-click WordPress installation
- $200 in advertising credits
iPage has two WordPress hosting plans: WP Starter and WP Essential. They both include everything listed above, plus several extra features. iPage offers a custom dashboard where you can manage all your WordPress sites in one place. They also pre-install several handpicked themes and plugins to help you get your website started faster.
The WP Essential plan also includes:
- WordPress Expert Support – Get support from a team of specially-trained agents who are experts in WordPress.
- Enhanced Security – iPage protects your site with a firewall and other SiteLock security features.
- Super Speed – Your site will be lightning fast thanks to multiple caching layers, lower density servers, and adaptable architecture.
In our iPage review, we found that iPage offers a surprising amount of features for their affordable rates. Their streamlined plans are great for beginners who don’t want to compare too many choices.
Support and Customer Service
iPage offers 24/7 support via live chat, phone, and email support tickets. In our iPage review, we found the support team to be fast to respond to support inquiries.
The WP Essential plan includes access to a trained WordPress expert support team. They can help you with creating your WordPress website and troubleshooting any WordPress issues you might come across.
Money Back Guarantee
iPage has a 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked. Within the first 30 days after signing up, if you decide to cancel your account for any reason, you’ll receive a full refund of all hosting fees.
If you registered a domain through iPage, the domain name is yours to keep. Domain fees and other addons are nonrefundable.
Pros and Cons
iPage is a very popular web hosting company, but it may not be right for everyone. Consider these pros and cons before choosing a plan.
- Budget-Friendly – iPage has low prices for shared hosting and WordPress hosting, and still offers plenty of features.
- Free Domain Registration – iPage includes a free domain registration with their hosting plans.
- Simplified Hosting Plans – Many web hosting companies offer dozens of different hosting plans that can be difficult to compare, especially for beginners. iPage simplifies the process by offering just one shared hosting plan and two WordPress hosting plans.
- Upsells – iPage offers a lot of addon services when you checkout, such as daily backups and security software. They can easily be unchecked if you don’t want them. But some users may be annoyed by the upsells and feel they are too aggressive.
- Can’t Customize Plans – iPage doesn’t offer a huge variety of plans. Users who want to customize their hosting plans to fit their specific needs may not want to purchase a “one size fits all” plan.
Is iPage Right for You?
Now that you have read through our entire iPage review, you might be wondering whether iPage is the right web host for you.
After reviewing iPage services in detail, we are awarding them with the title “Best Budget Hosting”.
For business owners on a tight budget and beginners just starting out with their first website, iPage is an excellent choice. They provide a great variety of features at low prices. Their 24/7 live chat and phone support is ready to help you create your website or solve any problems.
Ready to get started with iPage? Click here to select your iPage plan today.
WPBeginner users get an exclusive 83% off iPage hosting. With our iPage discount, your hosting is just $1.99 per month and includes a free domain.
All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount will be auto-applied.