Wow today has been a busy day. This is the third article for today. Now that we are finally done upgrading all of our websites, we can finally write about it. WordPress 3.4.2 was released today. It is labeled as a maintenance and security release for all previous versions.
Some fixes were:
- Fix some issues with older browsers in the administration area.
- Fix an issue where a theme may not preview correctly, or its screenshot may not be displayed.
- Improve plugin compatibility with the visual editor.
- Address pagination problems with some category permalink structures.
- Avoid errors with both oEmbed providers and trackbacks.
- Prevent improperly sized header images from being uploaded.
There were some security fixes and hardening as well. The vulnerabilities included potential privilege escalation and a bug that affects multisite installs with untrusted users.
Upgrade to WordPress 3.4.2. Go to your Dashboard » Updates and do it with 1 click.
Did anyone get error like that during update:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method dbrc_wpdb::delete() in /home/zuz/public_html/website/wp-includes/option.php on line 370
Editorial Staff says
We updated all of our sites and didn’t get anything like this.
I did ! Did you find any solution ??
Keith Davis says
All sites now updated – thanks for the heads up.
WordPress automatic update makes it very easy these days.
what about add costum fields error? I try some themes such as twentyten at wordpress 3.4.2.
custom fields exists but when i try to fill NAME and VALUE and then pressed the button ADD CUSTOM FIELD, no reaction
CUSTOM FIELD ADD button it disappears,i mean..