Have you ever wished that you can have rounded quotes, show elipses, your hyphens don’t get mixed up, well this is your lucky day because we are featuring a plugin called WP-Typography. This plugin is not required for everyone, it is just for those who care about minor details.
Features of this plugins are:
- Spacing control, including: gluing values to units, widow protection, and forced internal wrapping of long URLs & email addresses.
- Intelligent character replacement, including smart handling of: quote marks ( “foo” ), dashes ( foo - bar ), ellipses ( … ), trademarks ( ™ ), math symbols ( 1024×768 ), fractions ( 12/23 ), and ordinal suffixes ( 3rd )
- CSS hooks for styling: ampersands (class “amp”), acronyms (class “caps”), numbers (class “numbers”), initial single quotes (class “quo”), and initial double quotes & guillemets (class “dquo”).
While these are great features, this plugin has some specific requirements that you must have before you use this otherwise it might break your site.
- the host server must run PHP 5 or later
- text must be encoded UTF-8
- all markup must be valid xHTML, specifically:
- every element must be closed,
- every attribute must have a value enclosed in quotes, and
- tag names and attributes must be lowercase.