When it comes to image gallery plugins, there are tons of options available. In this article we will be sharing with you a plugin that displays your Flickr photos into WordPress posts, pages, and/or sidebar widgets. Slickr Flickr WordPress Plugin by Russell Jamieson is an easy to use plugin that is great for all blogs.
Why use Flickr?
Most of you are probably thinking why someone should use Flickr, when they can simply upload the photos on their host. Flickr is great for event photos because it is really easy to make it public. Flickr can be connected with Facebook, WordPress, and any other app that you want. It saves your bandwidth, and it increase exposure.
- Displays tagged Flickr photos as a gallery or a unbranded slideshow (i.e not Flickr’s own slideshow widget)
- Uses “slickr-flickr” shortcode to make adding a Flickr show as easy as possible
- Can display more than one gallery or slideshow on the same page
- Can display slideshows in sidebar widgets
- Can display slideshows at medium and small Flickr Photo sizes (500 by 375 and 240 by 180 px)
- Can display slideshows as portrait or landscape
- Best fits the slideshow if a mix of landscape and portrait photos are used
- Can display captions for each photo in the slideshow using the photo’s title from Flickr
- Can alter slideshow settings for each individual slideshow by including attributes after the shortcode (e.g orientation=”portrait”)
- Uses Lightbox jquery plugin to display each photo in the gallery using an overlaid window
- Simply Upload the plugin and Activate it.
- Go to Settings » Slickr Flickr.
- Insert your Account ID, if you don’t know what your account ID is (this cool tool will tell you).
- Add shortcodes or widget, and you are good to go.
What are you waiting for? Get the Slickr Flickr WordPress Gallery Plugin and add your Flickr albums to your WordPress posts, pages, and/or sidebar widgets.