Wow today has been a busy day. This is the third article for today. Now that we are finally done upgrading all of our websites, we can finally write about it. WordPress 3.4.2 was released today. It is labeled as a maintenance and security release for all previous versions.
Some fixes were:
- Fix some issues with older browsers in the administration area.
- Fix an issue where a theme may not preview correctly, or its screenshot may not be displayed.
- Improve plugin compatibility with the visual editor.
- Address pagination problems with some category permalink structures.
- Avoid errors with both oEmbed providers and trackbacks.
- Prevent improperly sized header images from being uploaded.
There were some security fixes and hardening as well. The vulnerabilities included potential privilege escalation and a bug that affects multisite installs with untrusted users.
Upgrade to WordPress 3.4.2. Go to your Dashboard » Updates and do it with 1 click.