As you probably know from the past month or so of reading this site, Headway 3.0 was in the works. We showed you a hands-on video of how their drag-drop grid system works. Well two days ago, they finally brought their redesign live with the new version available for everyone. For those of you who bought it before, you were smart. You are now grand-fathered in to receive lifetime updates. That ofcourse does not include future child themes. Yup, Headway now has child themes. Some of well-known themes from major theme developers such as Press75, Allure Themes and others will not be available for Headway base.
What’s new in Headway 3.0
Short answer: A lot. There is so much that was added to the 3.0 that its unbelievable. I have been playing around with it, and it is really the most beginner friendly WordPress theme. Our favorite is the grid system (See the video)
Below are some of the new things added:
- Headway 3 has been completely rewritten from scratch. It features an entirely new codebase that’s fast.
- You can now do more than ever without ever having to write a single line of code: even things like drop shadows and rounded corners in your designs.
- Headway now has child themes, some of which are ports of well-known themes from major theme developers such as Press75, Allure and Organic. Many others come from Headway directly and we’ll have new ones constantly. Any theme developer can create child themes for Headway, and even sell them in the Headway Marketplace!
- You can design your website just by drawing rectangles live on the page. We call them Blocks. Just click and drag, tell Headway what kind of Block you want (header, navigation, content and more) and hey presto: you’re creating a custom layout without coding.
- You can easily set fonts, colors, backgrounds, and other design elements in Headway’s Visual Editor. See your changes live right on the screen with no guesswork. Simply save your changes to bring them live to your website.
- We’ve added in rel=author for author links, a new SEO feature based on Google’s announcement they were going to factor in that xfn information into their rankings more heavily.
- For developers, the Live CSS editor now features syntax color-coding and there is a Blocks API so developers can create their own custom block types… and even sell them in the Headway marketplace!
Unfortunately, those of you who missed out on the grand-fathered pricing that’s a bummer. But there are few coupons floating around that you can use to get the best deal.
If you use the coupon: HW33 – you can get 33% OFF all plans except for BASE. (We don’t know when this coupon will expire).
But if it does expire, then you can use the never-expiring Headway coupon to get 25% OFF.
Yes the prices are a bit steep, but if you watch the video above, then you know this is well worth it. I know on their site, they are suggesting that Standard package is the Best Value. But I disagree. That price only includes 3 Headway Child themes and 1 year of support and updates. If you are going to invest in this great product, I would recommend going all the way to get the Lifetime Pass.
I am always a fan of getting lifetime updates and new child themes as they come out. That is why I have the Headway Lifetime Pass. Invest once and enjoy the benefits for life rather than paying for a new child theme that comes out.
What are your thoughts on Headway 3.0?