InMotion hosting has been a well-known industry brand with reliable performance for business class hosting. With award winning technical support and 99.9% uptime, they are a user favorite. Their unmatched U.S. based support is always there to help. InMotion Hosting’s WordPress Hosting is optimized for active bloggers, and offers great scalability for your blog’s growth.
InMotion Hosting Review from Our Experts
InMotion Hosting is one of the biggest names in the web hosting industry. They provide hosting for beginner bloggers, large companies, and everyone in between. InMotion Hosting is known for their reliable hosting, quality customer service, and broad range of services. See our expert InMotion Hosting review to decide if it’s the right choice for you.
About InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting was co-founded by Sunil Saxena and Todd Robinson in 2001. Today InMotion Hosting has two offices in Los Angeles, CA and Virginia Beach, VA with over 200 employees total. They are one of the largest independent and privately held web hosting companies.
InMotion Hosting Plans
InMotion Hosting offers a variety of hosting plans for growing businesses, including shared hosting (called Business Class hosting), VPS hosting, dedicated servers, managed WordPress hosting, and reseller hosting.
Shared hosting plans come in three varieties: Launch, Power, and Pro.
All shared hosting plans include:
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
- Free domain registration
- Free SSD drives for faster hosting
- Free backups
- $250 in free advertising credits
- Google Apps integration setup wizard
- Pre-installation or 1-click installation of WordPress
The plans differ based on the amount of websites you can host. The Power and Pro plans also include eCommerce readiness. The Pro plan includes a 99.9% uptime guarantee: if InMotion Hosting doesn’t live up to the guarantee, you can receive one month of credit on your account.
InMotion Hosting also offers WordPress optimized hosting at the same price as shared hosting. It also comes in Launch, Power, and Pro plans and includes the basic shared hosting features listed above.
What differentiates the WordPress hosting from shared hosting is the WordPress optimized servers. You also get:
- Automatic WordPress updates for security
- Access to BoldGrid, InMotion Hosting’s drag and drop builder
- SSH access and WP-CLI integration for more advanced users
One unique feature InMotion Hosting provides is their Max Speed Zones. You can choose which data center to locate your server in: Herndon, Virginia on the east coast, or Los Angeles on the west coast. The closer your server to your target audience, the faster your website will load for them. Max Speed Zones are available to VPS and shared hosting clients.
In our InMotion Hosting review, we found that InMotion offers several advanced features for a very affordable price. Their wide variety of web hosting plans ensures there’s something to fit every need, and room to upgrade as your business grows.
Support and Customer Service
Every InMotion Hosting plan includes Premier Support. Premier Support includes access to InMotion Hosting’s Support Center and community driven Questions & Answers section. Questions posted to the Customer Community are answered within 60 minutes during the hours of 8am-9pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Support is also available 24/7 via phone, live chat, and email support ticket. Many customer reviews mention the speed of their support response times, as well as how friendly and helpful they are.
Money Back Guarantee
InMotion Hosting offers an incredible 90 day money back guarantee. The guarantee applies to all Business, VPS and Reseller hosting plans with a billing term of 6 months or more. If you’re unhappy with your hosting, you can cancel your account within the first 90 days of service and receive a full refund of all hosting fees.
For all Dedicated Server plans, and for monthly billed VPS and Reseller hosting plans, there is a 30 day money back guarantee.
Pros and Cons
InMotion Hosting is a popular web hosting company, but it may not be right for everyone. Consider these pros and cons before choosing a plan.
- Fast Hosting – With their SSD drives and Max Speed Zones, InMotion Hosting offers speedy loading times with every plan.
- Affordable – InMotion Hosting has very reasonable prices for all the features they offer.
- Quality Customer Service – Many customer reviews of InMotion Hosting mention their fast response times and knowledgeable support staff.
- No Monthly Billing Option – For Launch and Power plans, there’s a 12 month minimum billing period. Pro customers can choose monthly billing, but there’s a $40 setup fee.
- Mixed Reviews – As is common for many large hosting companies, InMotion Hosting reviews tend to be either very good or very bad. That’s because most people leave reviews only when they’re really happy or really angry. In our review, we found that InMotion Hosting offers reliable hosting with fast and high quality support.
Is InMotion Hosting Right for You?
Now that you have read through our entire InMotion Hosting review, you might be wondering whether InMotion Hosting is the right web host for you.
After reviewing InMotion Hosting services in detail, we are awarding them with the title “Top 10 WordPress Hosting.”
InMotion Hosting is a well-known industry brand that provides reliable performance and quality customer service. With their affordable pricing and broad range of plans for businesses of every size, they’re one of our top recommended web hosting companies.
Ready to get started with InMotion Hosting? Click here to select your InMotion Hosting plan today.
InMotion Hosting Coupon
WPBeginner users get an exclusive 50% discount on their business hosting and a free domain registration with our InMotion Hosting coupon code.
All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount will be auto-applied.