GreenGeeks makes hosting WordPress websites easy with automatic 1-click install, managed updates, enhanced security, blazing fast website performance and 24/7 U.S. based support. They’re also the most eco-friendly hosting company and an EPA Green Power partner. They’re offering WPBeginner users an exclusive 60% off and a free domain name.
GreenGeeks Review from Our Experts
GreenGeeks is a web hosting provider whose goal is to be as environmentally friendly as possible. They offer a variety of shared hosting plans for everyone from beginners to large companies. Their prices are affordable and their plans include plenty of useful features. See our expert GreenGeeks review to decide if it’s the right choice for you.
GreenGeeks was founded in 2007 by Trey Gardner. Based in Los Angeles, California, the company now powers over 300,000 websites.
The web hosting industry uses a huge amount of energy and has a big environmental impact. GreenGeeks aims to mitigate this by purchasing wind energy credits. They purchase three times the amount of power they use. They’re also an EPA Green Power partner.
GreenGeeks Hosting Plans
GreenGeeks has a wide range of hosting plans for customers of every size. They offer basic shared hosting, managed WordPress hosting, reseller hosting, VPS and dedicated server hosting.
They have one shared hosting plan called EcoSite Starter. It includes:
- unlimited storage and bandwidth
- 1 free domain registration
- hosting for unlimited websites
- SSD (solid state drives) for blazing fast speed
- free nightly backups
- 1-click installation of WordPress and other apps
They also provide a free website migration service so you can easily move from your current hosting company.
The managed WordPress hosting plan costs the same as shared hosting, but comes with some extra features specifically for WordPress. It includes:
- WordPress optimized servers for faster loading
- automatic updates for security
- security scanning plus brute force and DDoS protection
- built-in PHP caching and CloudFlare CDN for faster loading
There are also a few advanced features for more technical users and developers:
- pre-installed Git
- PHP version selection
- WP-CLI for direct command line access
In our GreenGeeks review, we found that they provide an excellent amount of features for a surprisingly low price. They offer everything you need to build a secure and fast website, whether you’re a blogger, developer, or owner of a growing business.
Support and Customer Service
GreenGeeks provides support 24/7 via live chat and email support ticket. They also offer phone support Monday through Friday from 9am to midnight EST, and on Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 8pm EST.
For managed WordPress hosting customers, there are WordPress expert support specialists available to help you set up your site or handle any WordPress-specific issues.
Many customer reviews of GreenGeeks rave about their top-notch support. They have a reputation for responding very quickly to inquiries, and providing expert help no matter the issue.
Money Back Guarantee
GreenGeeks offers a 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked. This means that within the first 30 days after signing up, you can cancel your account for any reason and get a full refund of your hosting fees. The refund doesn’t include domain registration fees, and you get to keep your domain.
Pros and Cons
GreenGeeks is a popular web hosting company, but it may not be right for everyone. Consider these pros and cons before choosing a plan.
- Better for the Environment – GreenGeeks is a web hosting company with strong values that cares about the environment. You can help to support renewable energy by hosting with GreenGeeks.
- Packed With Features – GreenGeeks hosting plans include all the features you need to help you build a fast and secure site.
- Affordable – GreenGeeks offers very competitive prices for all the features they provide.
- Highly Rated Support – Customer rave about the top-notch expert support GreenGeeks provides.
- Phone Support Isn’t 24/7 – Phone support is not provided from midnight to 9am EST. If you have a problem in the early hours of the morning, you must use live chat or email support instead.
- Setup Fee for Monthly Billing – If you choose the month-to-month billing, there’s a $15 setup fee. The fee is waived if you pay for a year or more.
Is GreenGeeks Right for You?
Now that you have read through our entire GreenGeeks review, you might be wondering whether GreenGeeks is the right web host for you.
After reviewing GreenGeeks services in detail, we are awarding them with the title “Most Eco Friendly Hosting.”
The web hosting industry has a huge impact on the environment. Every web hosting server produces 1390 pounds of CO2 per year. By 2020, it’s estimated that it will surpass the airline history in environmental pollution.
You can do your part to support renewable energy by being a GreenGeeks customer. GreenGeeks purchases wind energy credits and is a recognized United States EPA Green Power Partner. They put back into the grid three times the amount of energy they consume, helping to lessen your web hosting’s impact on the environment.
Ready to get started with GreenGeeks? Click here to select your GreenGeeks plan today.
WPBeginner users get a free new domain and 60% off their web hosting with our GreenGeeks coupon code.
All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount will be auto-applied.