The admin bar is a floating bar that contains useful administration screen links such as add a new post, see pending comments, edit your profile etc. It can be extended by plugins to add additional functionality for example SEO and more. The admin bar was added to WordPress in version 3.1. For registered users, admin bar is turned on for both viewing the site or the WordPress admin area (Dashboard). However, you can turn it off by going to Users » Your Profile.
- How to Disable WordPress Admin Bar for All Users Except Administrators
- How to Display the Time According to Your WordPress Blog in Admin Bar
- What Everybody Ought to Know about the WordPress Admin Bar
- How to Take Control of Your WordPress Admin Bar
- How to Add Shortlink Menu Item in WordPress Admin Bar