If you are blogging and monetizing it, then you probably know who John Chow is. He is a friend of mine, and a very famous blogger who is famous for going from 0 – $40,000 / month in a year. John is a very cool guy, and he is extremely nice. But under that niceness, there is a mastermind brain who knows the skills of monetizing. He uses WordPress for his blog, so I decided to grab a quick interview of his plugin picks, some of his favorite blogs he read, etc.
John Chow’s Favorite WordPress Plugins
- All in One SEO (User’s Guide for All in One SEO for the Recommended Settings and tips.)
- Google XML Sitemap Generator
- OIO Publisher (Our Review of the Plugin)
- W3 Total Cache (See: How to Install W3 Total Cache)
- AskApache Password Protect (Anti-Spam / Anti-Exploit)
- FD FeedBurner Plugin (Redirects your Normal feed)
- Login Lockdown
- MaxBlogPress Ninja Affiliate
- MaxBlogPress Strip Ads
- Show Top Commentors
John’s Favorite Theme Framework
John’s Favorite Blogs
Top WordPress Affiliate Products that he promote
These are the plugin and themes that his audience really like.
John is using Mobify to power his mobile version of his site. While that is a great option, we recommend beginners to use WP Touch Pro.
Thanks to the Sponsors
Two awesome companies sponsored my trip here.
BuySellAds is a huge marketplace to buy/sell advertising spots on your site. Over 750 successful bloggers use them to power their online ad sales. WPBeginner is also using BSA to maintain our ads. It is also a great place for advertisers. Over 1,000 quality advertisers use BSA to target the audiences that are right for their brand. If you are interested, apply to be in their marketplace now.