Sliders are super popular among blogs. We regularly get emails from users asking us how to create a slider in WordPress? Well, we use a plugin called SlideDeck to create all of our sliders. It allows you to easily create sliders from various sources including your blog posts, RSS, tweets, flickr, youtube, vimeo, dailymotion, google+, Instagram, and more. The best part about SlideDeck is it DOES NOT require coding knowledge for one to use it. However, it has the developers version available for those who are savvy with code. We use SlideDeck on our our projects including WPBeginner and List25.
If you go to the homepage of List25, you can see a post slider at the very top. If you go to our Free WordPress Setups page, you can see a more customized example of SlideDeck. We use it because it’s a really good product. Our founder gives it a out of 5 star rating.
If you want to create a slider on your WordPress site, then you should use SlideDeck. Below is a list of features:
- Multiple Content Sources – Pull content from your posts, twitter, youtube, RSS, and bunch of other places.
- Custom Layouts – Want an image on one slide, video on the next, and simple text on the other? SlideDeck lets you do that with custom layouts for each slide.
- HTML Slides – You can even use HTML in your slides to make it more powerful. You can use it to integrate Google Maps, lead generation forms, or other complex media elements.
- Configurable Lenses – You can use lenses to place a layer of beautiful design over your content.
- Covers – Attract your viewers with beautiful customizable covers. This can be a teaser for your users to view the whole thing.
- Overlays – Enable interaction with your external content from within your website. Overlays allow users to share links to your SlideDecks.
- Live Previews – See your changes on the fly. Live Previews from the WordPress admin lets you see things before it goes live.
- Awesome support – We know Digital Telepathy team, and they value their customer service.
Best of all, you can try the Live Demo, and see it for yourself.
You can save 20% off with the SlideDeck coupon: WPB-SD2